Website Flair Airlines
Yes, we’re an airline, but we truly believe that our product is our people. Low fares are important, but it takes great people delivering consistently outstanding customer-focused service to build brand loyalty.
- Assisting in resolving daily operational situations and problems associated with normal and irregular operations, as required.
- Monitoring the base performance of Flight Attendants and adherence to policies and procedures by conducting audits and checks, including check rides to monitor the delivery of Inflight product.
- Monitoring, reviewing and challenging delays specific to Flight Attendants or Inflight Service, and investigate and report as required.
- Managing the delivery of general office and administrative duties, including preparing letters and reports, ordering supplies, and auditing documents and inflight processes as necessary.
- Providing day-to-day decision making and direction focused on the on-board product delivery, and regulatory requirements including the reporting of deficiencies to the Director, Inflight and other members of Inflight Management.
- Ensuring that all standards and practices are adhered to and act as a resource person for the Cabin Crew.
- Acting as a subject matter expert on the Flight Attendant Manual, company policies and procedures, and scheduling regulations.
- Coordinating appropriate follow up action with Inflight investigations and incident review meetings, as required.
- Performing tasks related to the recruitment, selection, development and training of Flight Attendants, as required.
- Providing day-to-day performance management of Flight Attendants including actively providing Flight Attendants with support, coaching and direction specific to corporate protocol, policies and expectations.
- Reviewing and resolving customer complaints with Flight Attendant.
- Clear criminal record check;
- Demonstrated ability in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain valid company Flight Attendant; Inflight Director (IFD) and Trainer qualifications.
- Ability to work irregular hours, evenings, weekends and holidays with a schedule that varies, often on short notice. Incumbent may be scheduled any hour of the day, or any day of the week or year.
- Ability to be away from home overnight for extended periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance with federal aviation authorities and other relevant regulatory agencies.
Qualification & Experience:
- Three (3) years of frontline leadership or management experience required.
- Experience managing unionized employees an asset;
- Minimum of three (3) years direct line experience as a Flight Attendant.
Company: Flair Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Langley, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com