Website Five Star Bank
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Five Star Bank in Buffalo, NY 2022
About the job
Position Title: Business Analyst
Reports To: Business Analyst Manager
Department: Enterprise Admin
FLSA Status: Exempt
Purpose : The Business Analyst is responsible for analyzing company functions, processes, and activities to improve computer-based business applications for the most effective use of resources and for the enhancement of the customer and employee experience. This position works closely with internal departments to identify business needs and recommend solutions for process improvement.
Degree of Supervision Received: Moderate
- Supervision Received (title): Business Analyst Manager
Degree of Supervision Given: None
- Consults with line of business to determine if system meets business needs including performing all work necessary to maintain and add new products, services, and documents as they are approved by management. Identifies areas of opportunity and provides recommendations for system enhancements.
- Maintains the integrity and consistency of all system parameters including but not limited to valid users, applications, products, types, verification, subtypes, fields, interface, messages, tables, account numbers, and forms.
- Maintains procedures and controls necessary to monitor the input and output of the system collaborating with Compliance, Audit, Operations, Risk and the associated Committees as needed. Reviews technical procedures annually and keeps control documents current.
- Serves as contact liaison with system vendors and reviews, submits, tracks, and follows up on all work orders submitted to vendors
- Assists in the implementation of required systems associated with ongoing enterprise growth.
- Reviews Core system vendor bulletins and prepares communication of changes to affected parties.
- Responsible for troubleshooting system issues and communicates resolutions to affected Business Units, opens cases and follows up with vendors as necessary for assisted troubleshooting. Provides support to help desk on system related questions.
- Utilizes existing queries to analyze and debug files, and field settings for the system.
- Demonstrates the standards and principles of the Five Star Bank experience in every interaction with internal and external customers and associates. Incorporates the high-performance behaviors of teamwork, leading by example and service in every facet of work.
- This job description is not exhaustive. The Business Analyst may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Job Related Qualifications – Education and Prior Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Technology, Project Management, Business or related field
- Prior Experience: 1+ years Business Analysis, Project Analysis, Data Management, or Financial Analysis
- Education: Associate degree in Technology, Project Management, Business or related field
- Prior Experience: 2+ years Business Analysis, Project Analysis, Data Management, or Financial Analysis
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior Experience: 5+ years Business Analysis, Project Analysis, Data Management, or Financial Analysis
- Education: Bachelor’ Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Project Management, Business or related field
- Prior Experience: 1+ years Business Analysis, Project Analysis, Data Management, or Financial Analysis in Banking or Financial Industry
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to present information in an effective concise manner to employees with diverse skill sets
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet established deadlines
- Analytical ability to interpret data and present it in a meaningful and easily understood form
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with ability to learn and utilize new and existing banking software applications
- Ability to work with all levels of staff and share ideas to achieve companywide results
- Able to regularly sit for prolonged periods of time
- Extensive computer usage is required
- Occasional travel within bank footprint
Five Star Bank and affiliate companies are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Five Star Bank and affiliate companies are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities to the full extent required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, you are encouraged to contact us at (585) 786-4344, (585) 498 – 7565 or (585) 786-1417.
Note: At a later stage in the application process, applicants may be required to provide information about their criminal conviction history, if any, and to authorize the procurement of a consumer report that will contain, among other things, information about criminal conviction history. Except as required by applicable law, past criminal convictions will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment, and Five Star Bank will only consider such history in accordance with applicable law. Please be advised, however, that federal law prohibits Five Star Bank from employing “any person who has been convicted of any criminal offense involving dishonesty or a breach of trust or money laundering, or has agreed to enter into a pretrial diversion or similar program in connection with a prosecution for such offense” unless the FDIC has provided prior written consent.
Company: Five Star Bank
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Buffalo, NY
Application Deadline: N/A