Intermediate Software Engineer – NY Positions in Fitch Ratings New York, NY
Website Fitch Ratings
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Fitch Ratings in New York, NY 2022
About the job
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity encouraging an environment where employees can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective. Fitch is also committed to supporting its employees by advancing conversations around diversity, equity and inclusion. Fitch’s Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) have been established by employees who have joined together as a workplace community based on similar backgrounds or life experiences. Fitch’s ERGs are available to connect employees with others within the organization to offer professional and personal support.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide have helped fund a century of growth and enables you to make important credit judgments with confidence.
The Ideal Candidate Is Someone Who
Fitch is seeking a strong Lead/Senior Software Engineer to improve critical software tools used widely by the analytical users.
- Worked on technically complex systems and is currently hands-on in software development.
- Has experience in interpreting complex requirements associated with Analytical tools.
- Has experience working in Agile environment.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate proficiency in current technologies like AWS, Python, Relational and non-relational databases for enterprise-scale applications, such as, websites, data processing applications, API and data feeds.
- Work as part of an agile team in design, development, debugging, and deployment efforts while addressing security, cross-browser and cross-platform expectations and concerns.
- Followed and maintain ed software engineering best practices and guidelines to be used across various applications.
- Maintain and enhance microservices based components for the application suite.
- Having some knowledge with execution with the CI/CD pipeline to better align with the DevSecOps strategy.
- Promote, implement, and evolve development best practices especially on commits, versioning and dependency management.
- Develop understanding of business domain, data expertise in the domain and ensure data quality for allocated areas of ownership.
- Experience designing and developing distributed application architecture of moderate-to-high complexity.
- Experience with Python and associated open-source technologies.
- Experience with .Net , C#, VSTO
- Experience with AWS services, S3, Lambda, CloudFront, RDS, Kinesis and SNS/SQS
- Experience in creating modern applications using Microservices-based architecture.
- Experience with build and deployment pipelines including frontend build and deployment using GIT, npm and Grunt.
- Design and development experience with one or more database technologies, including relational (e.g. Oracle/Postgres), NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB/DynamoDB).
- Experience working in high-performance teams using Agile methodologies.
- Experience working in teams with a heavy emphasis on Security, Automation and Quality (DevSecOps).
- Passion for emerging technologies and innovation.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Familiarity with Appian
- Exposure to containerization and container orchestration, e.g., Docker and Kubernetes
- Exposure to Atlassian toolkits such as Bamboo, BitBucket, JIRA and Confluence
- Exposure to Micro Front End development, especially single-spa.js
- Exposure to Spring Cloud Data Flow and Kafka (AWS MSK)
- Experience in Business Intelligence and Data Visualization Tools
- Knowledge or Experience with EXCAL , VBA
- Exposure to the financial industry domain
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: | |
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch’s credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
UNITED STATES ONLY: As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Fitch requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after October 4, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Fitch will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Company: Fitch Ratings
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: N/A