As a Customs Trade Specialist you will learn about international importing and exporting regulations, the classification of goods for customs release, tariffs and how to process agency brokerage shipments. Job Functions are to:
- May handle remote filings
- Provide impeccable customer service
- Follow up on Customs matters and resolve problems.
- Obtain correct classification of goods for customs release from database, SOP’s, tariff book, internet or customs.
- Process agency brokerage shipments.
- Work closely with other internal staff, departments, other FedEx opcos, customers and government agencies to deliver high level of service to customers.
- Data entry and processing of various import related documentation for submission to US Customs and may handle all PGA’s (participating Government Agencies)
- Performs entry reconciliations as needed
- Ensure all government and organizational policies are followed.
- Adhere to all international importing and exporting regulations.
- Maintain and keep current all shipment documentation in compliance with all record keeping requirements.
- Required – MS Office, Outlook, Office equipment (phone, fax, photocopier, printer, scanner).
- Problem solving skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Inter-personal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Handle high volume of time sensitive work.
- Ability to use multiple systems and reference material.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of 6 months work experience required.
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 12 months of industry experience preferred.
- CCS and/or Brokers license preferred.
- Data entry/keyboard experience required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kansas City, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com