A Customs Trade Agent is responsible for coordination of the documentation required by US Customs/Government Agencies for entry of goods into the US on behalf of importers. This is an on-site position. No work from home. Shift: Sunday – Thursday, 5:30pm – 9:30pm CT. Must be a full-time student currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Graduate Degree Program at the college currently recruiting and must be in Good Standing with the college.
- Data entry and processing of various import related documentation for submission to US Customs and may handle limited PGA’s (participating Government Agencies)
- Maintain and keep current all shipment documentation in compliance with all record keeping requirements.
- Performs other or additional duties as assigned.
- Obtain correct classification of goods for customs release from database, SOP’s, tariff book, internet or customs.
- Process agency brokerage shipments.
- Adhere to all international importing regulations.
- Provide impeccable customer service
- Ensure all government and organizational policies are followed.
- Work closely with other internal staff and departments to deliver high level of service to customers.
- Ability to use multiple systems and reference material.
- Inter-personal skills.
- Must be a full-time student currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Graduate Degree Program at the college currently recruiting and must be in Good Standing with the college.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Interact with internal staff, management of all levels, internal departments.
- Able to handle high volume of time sensitive work.
- Required – MS Office, Outlook, Office equipment (phone, fax, photocopier, printer, scanner)
- Organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
Qualification & Experience:
- No work experience required.
- No industry experience required.
- Data entry/keyboard experience required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jackson, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com