The Agile product owner is the voice of the customer and proactively represents internal stakeholders by delivering the highest possible value to the business. Through the creation, prioritization, management and execution of the product backlog, the Product Owner collaborates cross-functionally and focuses the development team(s) on a clear vision of the product, its goals and delivery. The product owner has deep customer knowledge, an excellent ability to transform strategic intent into fully elaborated requirements in the form of user stories, feature specifications and acceptance criteria. The Product Owner drives and articulates product value delivery through the agile ceremonies including sprint planning, backlog refinement, daily scrum, demo and retrospectives seeking improvement through every PI/Sprint.
- Establishes user story acceptance criteria, accepts user stories into the baseline. Defines sprints and stories content, accepts sprint goals. Drives sprint goals and sprint delivery and acts the sole owner for acceptance of sprint delivered development.
- Conducts backlog Refinement Meetings with the scrum development team.
- Owns, manages, develops and prioritizes product backlog of user stories.
- Attends Daily Scrum Meetings as necessary, monitors the progress of product development and delivery through daily interaction and Sprint Reviews. Provides updates to management and stakeholders as requested.
- Highlights product features in a manner clearly understandable to the development team.
- This position proactively supports stakeholders throughout the organization to provide solutions to their system application needs, performs business analysis, requirements development, process documentation, business solution needs, and reporting.
- Analyzes stakeholder feedback to determine features or components that will add the greatest value to the product. Engages with stakeholders to obtain information (requirements) on expected features.
- Measures product performance as well as value delivered to market in order to make adjustments where necessary. Assesses product value stream to identify areas that require improvements. Ensures implemented product features add value to end users and increase company returns.
- Attends Sprint Planning and Review meetings to give feedback on sprint achievement to the team.
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced computer skills, including experience in Microsoft programs (Windows, Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Share Point)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Working technical background including network security, network communication, client/server technologies, PC technology, and software development
- Experience interacting with stakeholders, vendors and customers in delivery of technical solutions
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Experience in integrating production, retail and manufacturing support systems
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- 2+ years’ experience with Agile development (Scrum, Kanban, LEAN, etc.) and within an agile project team (either agile by definition or agile in ability to perform cross-functional tasks quickly)
- 4+ years’ experience in business analysis, solutions development or a related field
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Laurel, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com