The Program Manager, TRS researches, plans, leads, develops, and implements programs related to SameDay City tranportation operations, compliance, and various process development and improvement initiatives. This role provides day-to-day tactical support as well as overall program development, strategy, and oversight. The Program Manager provides direction and interacts with vendors, customers, and various business partners including but not limited to Field Operations, National Dispatch, Technology, Marketing, Communications, Solutions, Safety, Legal, and team members from other FedEx operating companies.
- Program management and development, including transportation operations support and training.
- Deliver detailed procedures to support operations, customer onboarding, customer service and testing programs
- Develop working plans and associated communication documents in collaboration with cross-functional and cross operating company teams
- Prepare high-level business presentations using MS PowerPoint, including usage of relevant data as appropriate
- Use metrics to identify issues, make decisions, track improvements
- Communicate and present project updates, status, opportunities and risks to various stakeholders including Executive
- Direct and manage program development and implementation, including business requirements and measurement metrics
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with cross-functional and cross-operating company teams
- Develop, document and administer business requirements, including possible system applications
- Plan and engage various partners when necessary, including: Field Operations, National Dispatch, Technology, Marketing, Communications, Solutions, Safety, Legal, and team members from other FedEx operating companies.
- Interact with and direct third-party vendors
- Strong process orientation necessary to understand project impact on existing and emerging operational processes.
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence
Qualification & Experience:
- Periodic travel may be required
- Experience with and project/program management preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Project and Business Objects preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- 5+ years’ experience in Program Management and/or execution
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com