The Package Handler is responsible for loading/unloading packages onto or from appropriate trailer by scanning, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling packages up to 100 pounds in weight in a safe and efficient manner. Required to read labels, verify numbers, memorization and carrying out instructions and working rapidly for long periods of time. Most tasks are well defined and require general judgment or interpretation. This position requires a moderate level of supervision.
- May assist in orientation of new hire package handlers.
- Attend safety meetings as required and notify management immediately of any unsafe working conditions.
- Required to read labels, verify numbers and carry out work instructions while achieving required productivity metrics.
- Responsible for loading/unloading packages onto/off of appropriate trailer by scanning, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling packages up to 100 lbs. in weight in a safe and efficient manner.
- General housekeeping tasks including sweeping, unpacking, and “detrashing” of vehicles and/or shipments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of FedEx shipping software including PScan preferred.
- Must exhibit promptness and attention to detail
- May be required to have a Dangerous Goods certification and prepare shipments per Dangerous Goods requirements.
- Complete assigned tasks in a reasonable amount of time with a high level of accuracy
- Knowledge of loading/unloading trailers preferred.
- Customer service driven.
- Required to obtain Load – T-stacking certification
- May require the ability to use PC and/or RF-based computer systems to perform tasks
- Contributes to a safe working environment
- Strong team player.
- Knowledge of NASCR cafe system (labeling system) preferred.
- Required to obtain CAN inspection certification
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED, and 0-2 years of related experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Columbus, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org