Director, Regional Accounting Support Job in Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Los Angeles Metropolitan Area
Website Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Fairmont Hotels Resorts in Los Angeles Metropolitan Area 2022
About the job
Accor Hotels is sourcing a dynamic, motivated and accomplished Finance professional in the Hospitality Sector, with proven success in delivering accounting activities, cover temporary task force assignment on a need to basis with some travel required across a Collection of Resorts and work effectively in partnership with multiple stakeholders in a regional portfolio.
Canada’s Western Mountain Region consists of four world-class resort hotels; Fairmont Banff Springs, Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge and Fairmont Chateau Whistler.
This position is primarily based out of the Fairmont Banff Springs Finance regional office and operates within the Finance team across a multi-unit portfolio, reporting to the Regional Director of Finance & Business Support. This role is responsible for assisting Hotel’s Director of Finance, Director of Accounting and Assistant Director of Finance in the region, by working on task force assignment, assist with finance projects and manage centralized tools to improve workflow methods across accounting services (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and General Accounting processes).
This position requires hands on leadership qualities with full cycle accounting and audit compliance experience, project management and deployment, accounting technical skills, and business analytics ability with a systems background are desired qualities
What Is In It For You
Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status
Duty meal in our newly renovated staff cafeteria
Competitive extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental for full time permanent status
Employee Travel Program
Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
Discounts on food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf
Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Canada’s Western Mountain Region and over 5,000 properties with Accor
What You Will Be Doing
Reporting to the Regional Director of Finance & Business Support, with a dotted line to the Director of Finance/Accounting at each Resort in the region, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Embrace a business support culture by partnering with Hotel teams across the four hotels in the region, to achieve optimal operating performance for Accor and ownership. Fulfill company fiduciary responsibility to Accor and ownership to ensure hotels are reporting in compliance with policies, Uniform Chart of Accounts and hotel management or other contractual arrangements with respect to financial matters
- Work in close collaboration with each hotel in the region by providing Finance and Accounting related assistance on a project and ad hoc basis in all facets of the company’s full accounting cycle, Accounts Receivable, Accounts payable workflow improvement in conjunction with the Company’s Centralized Accounting Systems Delivery, Capital Fixed Asset registry and General Accounting activities
- Work on daily accounting routine to ensure optimal and effective daily workflow practice serving the portfolio needs regarding client billing and payable transactions. More specifically, assist in the portfolio accounting and finance related activities which include Accounts Receivable (Group, Tour, ad hoc billing requirements), Accounts Payable (procurement and vendor relations), General Ledger accounting and Business analytics and systems management related to these transactions
- Prepare and assist where needed in Month End Close process, supporting data as a basis for timely preparation of the financial operating statements and reports required for Management, Corporate Office and Ownership
- Active involvement in the development of business planning and financial reporting interpretation for the benefit of each regional hotel Operation teams, including participation in regional audit compliance achievement
- Work closely with the company Centralized Accounting System Delivery team in order to provide feedback and ensure accurate and timely process of Accounts Payable and Income Audit workflow, and balance sheets accounts reconciliation
- Complete balance sheet accounts reconciliation and preparation of monthly internal benchmarking and operational performance analysis reports, working in collaboration with the company centralized accounting service delivery team
- Assist in the annual Operating and Capital budgets, strategic plans, annual audits, financial reports, analysis of budgets, short term forecasts, planning support and financial interpretation for the benefit of the Operations team
- Manage technology tools and activities in conjunction with the systems team including computer hardware and office equipment in all aspects of software application, current and future
- Ensure control systems are monitored and audited on a regular basis, as documented by Corporate Audit Services, to measure compliance with internal controls, and responsible for the implementation of any recommended action plans on internal and external audit with operations leaders
- Provide administrative support to Management with reference to the region centralized finance delivery, policy compliance, business advice and operational assistance
- Collaborate with all stakeholders involved in the effective running of the Accounting and Finance operations by establishing strong business relations (Centralized Accounting Service Delivery, Operations leaders, Vendors, Business partners, C <![CDATA[Revenue Manager
As the Revenue Manager you will apply your analytical, technical, and strategic planning strengths to produce optimal revenue performance and distribution for guest rooms, function space, spa, and food and beverage outlets.
What Is In It For You
- Discounted hotel rooms and food & beverage rates to employees at our sister properties around the globe.
- We provide learning programs through our Academies to promote growth and development so that you can perform at your full potential
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21 and WATCH
What You Will Be Doing
- Accurately generate and analyze various data-driven reports to provide regular communication and updates for strategy meetings, ownership meetings, and various requests from senior leaders on a daily, weekly, monthly, and ad hoc basis
- Manage a variety of distribution systems and tools with excellent attention to detail to ensure proper pricing, content, and availability of all available revenue-generating hotel components
- Collaborate closely with members of the sales, marketing, and reservations teams to ensure the optimization of business being booked into the hotel while constantly looking for new opportunities to improve strategies
Your Experience And Skills Include
- Understanding of hotel revenue strategy and distribution
- Excellent proficiency with revenue management tools and systems such as Opera, TravelClick, Tableau, Microsoft Office, Google Analytics, etc.
- Heightened attention to detail, highly organized, and able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to leverage strong verbal and written communication skills across all levels of the organization
Your Team And Working Environment
What was true in 1966 remains true to this day: The Century Plaza Hotel is part of a visionary development intent on doing what others could only imagine. Previously deemed the “Western White House,” (as the only venue outside the White House to host state dinners), Century Plaza’s place in history remains unshakeable. A modernized take on luxury and elevated guest experience from product to people enlivens the real wow factor.
This experience begins with a new kind of workplace, one where the energy is contagious, the stories are invigorating, and the challenges present inspiring opportunities to make your mark. We provide an environment of trust, respect, and integrity. A home away from home. Where diversity and inclusion are celebrated. Privacy and personal information are protected. Through Accor’s Employee Value Proposition, we ensure fair treatment and a workplace free from discrimination & harassment.
Visa Requirements: Must provide proof of eligibility to be employed in the United States of America.
Our Commitment To Diversity & Inclusion
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. We commit to a future where diverse identities are celebrated, and equitable and inclusive practices are woven into the fabric of everything we do as an organization.
Fairmont Century Plaza is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO M/F/V/D
This position requires vaccination against COVID-19 (exceptions will be made for disabilities/medical conditions and sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law).
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
Company: Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Director
Job Location: Los Angeles Metropolitan Area
Application Deadline: N/A