IT Administrator / Senior IT Administrator (Relocation Opportunity) vacancy in Erie Insurance Group Erie, PA
Website Erie Insurance Group
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Erie Insurance Group in Erie, PA 2022
About the job
At Erie Insurance, you’re not just part of a Fortune 500 company; you’re also a valued member of a diverse and inclusive team that includes more than 5,000 employees and over 2,200 independent agencies. Our Employees work in the Home Office complex located in Erie, PA, and in our Field Offices that span 12 states and the District of Columbia. To attract and retain the best talent, we reward our team members with competitive salaries and a very generous benefits package.
We are currently seeking IT Administrators to join our family at our corporate offices in Erie, PA. The IT Administrators performs old to new system upgrades, possibly involving new vendor(s) or significant changes to current technology. They are also responsible for automation and performing regular testing of systems to ensure performance metrics are being met. We continue to evolve into a DevOps mindset and have embraced tools for process automation, infrastructure as code, scripting, orchestration, and source code management across our different technical teams.
We are looking for a diverse pool of candidates to fulfill open positions within the following teams:
- Network Administration: Routing, Switches, Cisco, Software Defined Networks, LAN/WAN/Wireless, Security Solutions
- Unified Communications: Telecommunications, Phone & Telepresence Services, Contact Center Technology/Intelligent Call Routing, Workforce & Quality Management.
- Server/System Administration: Virtualization, Active Directory, Windows, Linux, Hyperconverged Infrastructure, Citrix, Enterprise System Monitoring
- Mainframe: z/OS, JES2, VTAM, TCPIP, SMPE, HCD, ISPF, REXX, SDSF, DSS, SMS, ISMF, z/VM
- Database: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 z/OS and LUW, ADABAS, MarkLogic, AWS DB Services
- Middleware: BPM, USS, CICS, Datapower, IIB, IMQ, MS IIS, WAS, API Connect, Redis Cache, Tivoli Omegamon
- Storage: SAN, NAS, Disaster Recovery, Open System Backup Technologies
Below are some of the exciting benefits of working for Erie Insurance Group:
- Paid Relocation
- 401k Match + Pension Plan
- Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits
- Competitive Salary, Paid Time Off
- Various Employee Discount Programs and Amenities
- State-of-the-Art Employee Gym Onsite
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs administration of networks, systems and databases including investigation and diagnostics of problems that are deep within one or two technologies and basic across other platforms.
- Performs complex upgrades, troubleshoots and fixes of network hardware and software issues.
- Implements, maintains, modifies and supports assigned applications. Works in conjunction with appropriate IT staff to complete project plans, define project scope and participates in systems integration activities.
- Ensures maintenance of system, tracks systems performance regularly and recommends improvements where applicable.
- Effectively communicates with customers, team members or other stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes.
- Analyzes requests for technology changes and customization by consulting with end-user and other IT disciplines to determine requirement. Assesses system impact of proposed changes and makes recommendations that ensure consistency with existing system standards and future system implementation goals.
- Participates as a team member and contributes to team projects.
- The first six duties listed are the functions identified as essential to the job. Essential functions are those job duties that must be performed in order for the job to be accomplished.
- This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other duties as requested by their supervisor, or as become clear.
- Ability To Learn And Follow Procedures
- Ability to Manage Complexity
- Business Acumen
- Coding And Converting
- Decision Making
- Developing And Maintaining Relationships
- Influencing Skills
- Information Management Skills
- Interpersonal Communication
- Job-Specific Knowledge
- Planning And Organizing
- Problem Analysis
- Proofing Text And Numbers
- Service Orientation
- Time Management
- Using Tables And Graphs
Minimum Educational Requirements and Experience Equivalencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, MIS, Business or related field, plus two years’ related experience
- Associate’s degree in technical field, plus four years’ related experience
- High school diploma plus six years’ related experience.
- Lifting 0-20 lbs; Occasional (<20%)
- Lifting 20-50 lbs; Occasional (<20%)
- Lifting Over 50 lbs; Rarely
- Driving; Occasional (<20%)
- Pushing/Pulling; Rarely
- Manual Keying/Data Entry; Frequent (50-80%)
- Climbing; Rarely
Company: Erie Insurance Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Erie, PA
Application Deadline: N/A