Website Empire Airlines
The Flight Training Manager (FTM) is a member of the Flight Operations Department, and is responsible for the Ground/Flight Instructor Staff. The FTM is directly responsible for the conduct of operational training.
- Ensure compliance of all regulations, directives and operations specifications which are concerned with, relative to, or have effect on flight training activities of the company; ensure the Flight Operations Training Manual, Company Flight Manual or
- Pilot Operating Handbooks are current, complete, operationally correct and consistent with company standard operating procedures.
- Supervise the Training Coordinators, Courseware Developers and instructors; participate in the selection and qualification of flight and ground instructors. Provide appropriate training, checking and periodic audits of the instructors to ensure a high level of competency, standardization, compliance, and safety in the performance of assigned duties.
- Provide aircraft line operation training and checking expertise in ground school, aircraft, and simulators; conduct necessary training to flight operations staff; evaluate additional training and/or checking options for pilots demonstrating substandard performance or failure to qualify in allotted time; ensure training documentation is accurate and completed in a timely manner.
- Provide leadership and oversight for all company flight training activities as specified in the Flight Operations Training Manual (FOTM), applicable Federal Aviation Regulations and Operations Manual
- Coordinate instructor assignments with crew scheduling; coordinate and conduct periodic meetings with instructor staff to ensure standardization; develop and implement instructional programs to improve the effectiveness of the program’s training staff.
- Responsible for ensuring that the appropriate pilot training documentation is accurately completed and forwarded to the Pilot Records Department in a timely manner.
- Liaison with the FAA POI for notification of training and the scheduling of FAA observed training.
- Must be qualified to conduct ground and flight training in assigned aircraft type(s).
- Must have excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Must maintain a valid U.S. Passport.
- Must adhere to the Company’s FAA/DOT required Drug and Alcohol Program.
Qualification & Experience:
- Related college degree preferred.
- Current ATP with previous experience sufficient to comply with the FAR Part of current operations.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have knowledge/experience in evaluating organizational operations as they relate to policies, goals and objectives.
- Preferred qualifications included current CFI, ATR, and/or C208 aircraft experience, type-rated in ATR, experience as instructor in a Part 135 or 121 operation, and aviation safety program experience.
Company: Empire Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com