DevOps Engineer Jobs in eLocal United States
This Jobsfunter Listing is about eLocal in United States 2022
About the job
eLocal is seeking a DevOps Engineer to find, create, and promote solutions to grow and maintain infrastructure that powers our business. As a member of the DevOps team, you will play a critical role in the creation, evolution, and operations within a rapid product and platform development environment.
The ideal candidate will have recent experience as a DevOps Engineer in an expansion-stage software business and be comfortable as part of a larger Agile team, where they will contribute to the development of work products and outcomes, as well as provide leadership and oversight to a team.
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for:
- Working with the Architecture and Engineering teams to plan, deploy and maintain business solutions in a cloud environment.
- Analyzing current tech stack and environments and recommending improvements.
- Creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines for multiple environments.
- Partnering with developers to create instrumentation to monitor, troubleshoot and resolve issues related to the health of software services.
- Operational support w/ on-call rotation shifts.
- Cost management.
- Creating and enforcing operational policies (No Runbook? No Release!)
- Maintaining/creating operations documentation.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Experience with infrastructure administration.
- Experience in container orchestration (ECS, Kubernetes).
- Experience with network/system security in an AWS environment.
- Experience building and maintaining production systems in AWS, with strong knowledge of infrastructure components and best practices (VPC, ECS, EC2, S3, ELB/ALB, IAM, Lambda, CloudWatch).
- Experience within Linux systems administration.
- Experience with system monitoring (metrics, alerts, etc).
- Experience with configuration management.
- Proficiency in scripting languages (Bash and Python or Ruby).
- Experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
- Infrastructure as Code, preferably CloudFormation and Terraform.
- Configuration management, preferably Puppet/Chef.
- Linux system administration, preferably RedHat derivatives.
- Strong scripting skills.
- Software development, preferably Python or Ruby.
- Working knowledge of Git.
- Experience with restricted environments (e.g. PCI, HIPAA, SOX).
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
eLocal is a digital advertising company that connects millions of consumers each year to the local businesses they need, when they need them. Our unique performance-based pricing model makes new customer acquisition effective and affordable for organizations of all sizes. Our founders are recipients of the EY Entrepreneur of the Year Award in E-Services and eLocal has twice been recognized in the Philadelphia Business Journal’s Soaring 76 for our rapid growth. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and an impeccable reputation in the industry. Now with the backing of our parent company HomeServe Plc, a ~$4B public company and global leader in the home services industry, we are revolutionizing the way consumers connect with professional services. Our engineers, product owners, and business stakeholders are working collaboratively to enhance our platform with innovative solutions to the evolving challenges of online advertising and new-customer acquisition.
We offer an intellectual, casual, and collegial work environment with a great opportunity for growth and long-term potential. Our benefits are extremely generous, and include:
- Competitive salary with an annual bonus plan and LTIP.
- Heavily subsidized Medical through Blue Cross Blue Shield (from 100% company-paid employee-only coverage to 85% company-paid for family tier coverage), Dental, and Vision.
- 100% company-paid Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life/AD&D Insurance.
- Flexible, uncapped paid time off.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Extremely positive company culture and respect for the importance of work-life balance. We are a certified Great Place to Work™.
- Currently 100% Work-From-Home with cautious and gradual return-to-office strategy centered around employees’ safety and preferences. We believe the future of work is flexible and largely remote.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A