Manager, Program Management – Advanced Technology vacancy in Edwards Lifesciences Irvine, CA
Website Edwards Lifesciences
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Edwards Lifesciences in Irvine, CA 2022
About the job
Are you ready to work for an amazing company and an amazing part of Edwards that is focused on developing new technologies and therapies that will change lives of patients forever? We are looking for a Project Manager (PM) who will lead 2-3 small projects that will feed into an Early Feasibility Clinical Study. Engineering background is required as there are complex technical challenges that the PM would help the teamwork through. The PM will be responsible to Initiate, plan, execute, control and manage all aspects of project(s) to ensure ultimate project success.
- Bring cross-functional teams together to work on complex problems and lead them through Research and Development challenges!
- Key stakeholder management. Present team message to leadership at Program Review Boards.
- Not only focus on the what but also how. Work closely and collaboratively with team members to identify solutions to challenges.
- Lead the execution of tasks as defined in the project management plan in order to achieve the project goals, and actively manages project risk
- Determine and discern detailed requirements on larger scale projects to establish the project deliverables, and manage changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs to keep the project management plan updated and reflective of authorized project changes
- Facilitate the creation and approval of business cases, and utilizes historical data and expert judgment in order to understand project limitations
- Actively lead one or more Project Management Office (PMO) continuous improvement activities
- Assess project performance to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify variances, perform required corrective actions and communicate to all stakeholders
- Establish and maintain team members and project stakeholder relationships, expectations, and communications, both internal and external.
- Manage project closure activities, including gathering lessons learned and driving changes to future for continuous improvement
- Serve as a project management subject matter expert, including guiding and mentoring other team members; demonstrate expertise in a business process, professional discipline, market, or product
Education and Experience:
Engineering Bachelor’s Degree (Mechanical, Biomedical or any other relevant), 8 years’ experience in Medical device, Pharma or Health Care. 4-6 years of hands-on experience managing projects of increasing complexity required.
- Demonstrated experience in Project Management methodology required
- 4-6 years of hands on experience managing projects of increasing complexity required
- Proven expertise in usage of MS Office Suite and related project management systems
- Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
- Extensive understanding and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to managing large scale project plans
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent understanding and work experience with project budgets and financial management
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence change
- Experience in facilitating change, including collaboration with management and executive stakeholders
- Experience within a regulated environment
- Strict attention to detail
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
- Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
- Adhere to all company rules and requirements (e.g., pandemic protocols, Environmental Health & Safety rules) and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards is committed to complying with the requirements and guidance from our government authorities and to protecting our vulnerable patients and the healthcare providers who are treating them around the world. As such, all Healthcare Interacting positions require COVID-19 vaccination, which includes anyone who directly interfaces with patients and those who interact with healthcare providers as part of their role. If hired, as a condition of employment, you will be required to submit proof that you have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a valid religious or medical exemption from being vaccinated.
Company: Edwards Lifesciences
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Irvine, CA
Application Deadline: N/A