This Jobsfunter Listing is about eBay in London, England, United Kingdom 2022
About the job
We Empower People and Create Economic Opportunity
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes.
eBay’s strategic vision is to become the best global marketplace for buyers and sellers through a tech-led reimagination of the company. Looking for a purpose-driven company that puts the customer at the heart of everything? A culture that encourages people to think big and be curious, to act with urgency and integrity and to be fearlessly inclusive? That’s who we are. If this sounds compelling, join eBay!
What You’ll Do/learn
- Apply TDD/BDD and other engineering standard methodologies on all the code you deliver.
- Constantly improve quality: refactoring code, proposing new tools and changing processes.
- Pair with team members and collaborate with remote teams to share knowledge and give/get constant feedback
- Work across our stack and infrastructure, including internal and external APIs, enterprise distributed systems, services and tools
- Promote the best Agile practices.
What You Bring
- The desire to learn new ideas and a lot of enthusiasm.
- You are an enrolled student at a UK university and are available for the internship for min. 6 months.
- Please include your preferred start date in your application.
What We Bring
- Rewarding technical challenges
- Outstanding company culture – we have a culture of respect and high expectations of others. We love sharing a drink in our Friday All Hands, play board games, enjoy free lunch and a pub quiz (not in the pub!) on our demo days.
- Flexible working – flexible start time with excellent support for working from home
- We are currently fully remote but when that changes we have wonderful, bright, air-conditioned offices in Shoreditch, with bike racks (and shower!). Right next to Liverpool St and Shoreditch High Street stations for super easy commuting, and lots of phenomenal food options nearby.
People are at the heart of eBay and their health and well-being are our first priority.
We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisers to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, all teams in London are currently working remotely. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. Jobs posted with location as “Remote – United States (Excludes CO, HI, NM)” excludes Colorado, Hawaii and New Mexico.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A