The Security Officer role sits in the Security Operations Team and reports through to the Security Operations Manager. The Security Operations Manager and Team are geographically positioned at the Malmesbury Security Centre of Excellence and report through to the Regional Director of Security, EMEA. They are all part of Dyson Group Security.
- Administrate and run a card access control system
- Operate and monitor a working Monitoring Centre and CCTV system
- Provide “first response” to incidents in accordance with Dyson incident management procedures.
- Acting as a mobile response for offsite locations.
- Conducting searches of employees, bags, vehicles, transit cases and other containers when directed
- Act as Chief Fire Marshall at incident control points for fire register consolidation
- Acting as Reception in some higher security buildings, out of hours across the site or as directed
- Supporting events, functions and other gatherings
- Controlling and monitoring physical access across the Dyson sites
- Support investigations ensuring a chain of evidence integrity
- Conducting internal, external, perimeter, carpark and other adhoc patrols
- Supporting “front-of-house” services to ensure efficiency of the visitor and VIP experience.
- Perform first aid and / or CPR as required
- Appropriate standard of fitness to conduct up to 12 hrs on shift and ability to move unaided across the site; including lifts, staircases and uneven ground
- Ability to deal tactfully, calmly and effectively with a wide range of issues
- Ability to work as part of a large team with a Gold Standard ambition
- Ability to embrace strategic change. Flexibility to cover open shifts as required
- Basic computer skills with experience in using Microsoft Office applications and database packages.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a Commercial Security Officer role essential or lesser time in a role where the key accountabilities in this JD can be demonstrated
- Full Driving License essential
- SIA Door Supervisor qualification or Close Protection License
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cardiff, Wales, UK
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com