You will be designing for our next generation of Dyson products, which means we need to think beyond todays needs and wants from our users. The type of technologies, platforms, and interfaces to design for are ever changing, and it’s our responsibility is to research, explore and define innovative interactions between our machines and their users.
- Sketch solutions, build rapid prototypes, test your ideas, and refine your designs with data and user feedback during the design process.
- Securing stakeholder buy-in and sign off for a validated HMI proposition (that can be delivered within the cost and time-frame parameters of the project).
- Distill user research, insights, and good design practice to create our product interaction methods and features.
- You will champion the product interaction design across several product categories and New Product Innovation at Dyson.
- Be excited to immerse yourself into new topics/projects and technologies and to work with information to connect the dots to form your hypotheses.
- Understanding tech limitations, development constraints and knowing where to push vs. where to adapt solutions to be more pragmatic and deliverable
- Be curious, empathetic, and proactive to deliver innovative product experiences through the latest technologies.
- Identifying opportunities to address our users pain points, problems and identify opportunities through well designed connected features.
- Working collaboratively with teams to prototype our intent, allowing for design validation before any handover to production.
- Skills in journey mapping, user flows, wireframing, rapid prototyping and visual design skills.
- Ability to prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects
- Can work independently, prioritize tasks and work effectively on several projects simultaneously.
- Interest in design thinking, interaction design, usability, accessibility, and information design
- The ability to think beyond what exists today – pushing the boundaries of our product experiences.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in industrial, UX, interaction and/or digital user interface design.
- Hardware/software electronics experience (preferable, not essential) – Rapid electronics prototyping (Arduino, Raspberry Pi…).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cardiff, Wales, UK
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org