Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under Dunzo in Mumbai,Maharashtra,India 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
About the job
Dunzo is a 24×7 delivery app that makes your city more accessible by getting the best of it at your doorstep. You can order groceries, food, medicines, and send packages within the city. Currently operational in Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai, New Delhi, Gurugram and Noida, we have plans to expand to various other cities in the country.
We are a hyperlocal logistics & transportation company that operates across various business segments, ranging from delivery of essentials via surface transport, operating warehouses to experimenting with e-commerce delivery using drones.
We were incorporated in 2014 in Bengaluru and have come a long way since then. We are also backed by some of the largest technology giants and Indian conglomerates. The Forbes India Magazine also recognised our founders as top leaders 40U40.
We have our eyes set on making our cities more accessible and identify efficient ways to deliver smiles and get things ‘dun’ for our community of users, especially when it comes to delivery of essentials and groceries at your doorstep.
Our Work Culture
At Dunzo, we believe in getting things done. To do this, we commit mistakes, iterate, course correct and stay flexible to meet our objectives. This is possible with our close integration, coordination and the interwoven nature of work with cross functional teams within Dunzo, ranging from administration, legal & policy, business operations, product, engineering, and communications.
We work in a fast paced environment and offer a steep learning curve to all our team members. This also means that we ensure that we focus on the task at hand, yet not lose sight of other areas that define the path to move towards our overall vision to be the logistical layer of the city. We also believe that solutions come best with responsibility, independent thinking and creativity. We ensure we provide you with these tenets for you to perform at your optimum level.
Our People team also ensures that working from home is made comfortable, with special programs that take care of your health & wellness as well as other organization-wide initiatives that make you look forward to work.
Furthermore, a flat organization structure also provides you a platform to share your experience with others or connect with anybody within the organization to exchange thoughts and ideas.
What will you be doing?
- Lead the Pune security team and be an integral part of the central crisis management team to ensure business continuity across various locations where we conduct our business operations
- Work with internal stakeholders within Dunzo such as central and city business operations, administration, legal & policy, etc. to gather information and decipher the requirement on addressing any impediments that hamper the operational continuity, safety & security of our business, especially with respect to our dark stores
- Risk management including early risk identification and mitigation strategies that need to be deployed to ensure business continuity across the country. This includes coordination with security management agencies responsible for warehouse security and internal administration.
- Conduct security assessments of facilities & protocols, stay abreast of potential events that may cause business disruption and may negatively impact the employees , business and/or other stakeholders.
- Be a nodal point of contact for inquiries/escalations from law enforcement inquiries/health & safety/municipal corporations/ labour department, and assist the AGM – Security to develop systems to respond to/mitigate adverse instances that disrupt business operations
- Engage with law enforcement agencies and create awareness on the business operations at Dunzo
- Assist in strategies and manage the implementation of strategic internal projects and programs
- Problem solving to address operational business issues related to the safety & security of our warehouses, delivery partners, informal workforce and colleagues in Pune, and surrounding areas. This includes our offices, the warehouses, store locations and other business operations
- Manage security management agencies responsible for manned store security
- Team building and management
- Nodal point of contact for security issues related to continuity of business operations
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of progressive work experience in managing Physical Security in building and managing large security operations of a Quick-Commerce company OR a large organization, preferably having presence in multiple locations, OR an organization with a large industrial workforce.
- Proven expertise in liaising with with public service officials, especially police forces, law enforcement agencies, civic authorities and other regulatory agencies in handling contingency issues that impact business operations
- A fair understanding and knowledge of the role of various stakeholders in the Public Administration, especially IPS cadre and civic administration expertise and experience.
- Hands-on experience in Crisis and Reputation Management, Business Continuity and Disaster Management. The candidate should be well versed with planning & implementation of processes w.r.t to crisis response, vigilance activities and security management of facilities
- Experience in establishing security systems using the latest technology, process and implementation
- Excellent communication, articulations and engagement skills with fluency in English, Hindi. And Marathi.
- Ethics & Integrity
- A flair for problem solving, time management and prioritization of tasks
- Decision making and analytical skills
- Proficient with tools such as presentations, spreadsheets, word documents, etc.
- Interest and awareness of challenges in areas of e-commerce retail, hyperlocal logistics, informal workforce and social development would be a big plus
- Please note the base location for this position is Mumbai, Maharashtra. Successful candidates would be required to work out of Pune, however, some amount of travel to other locations/cities would be required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mumbai,Maharashtra,India
Application Deadline: N/A