Website Duke Energy Corporation
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Duke Energy Corporation in Charlotte, NC 2022
About the job
More than a career – a chance to make a difference in people’s lives.
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you’ll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
The Business Specialist I role is on the Business Services Team that supports Duke Energy’s business customers and is highly focused on customer relationship management and promoting Duke Energy billing, payment, and digital channel offerings. These business customers generally have 1 to 7 business accounts with Duke Energy and will contact our business teams for assistance with more complex account needs. The types of business customer requests include: billing, payment, deposits, service requests, new construction requests, program questions, and digital channel inquiries and assistance. These business customers may have both Duke Energy electric and gas service accounts.
The Business Specialists are highly focused on first contact resolution for customer inquiries and handle customer requests via phone and via digital channels (specialized email channel, business Portals). Team members will routinely collaborate with other departments (Revenue Services, Energy Delivery field operations, New Construction) to help assist customers with their business needs.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in pursuing in your career growth.
- Assist business customers with their requests for their business accounts related to billing, commercial rates, payments, reconnect/disconnect orders, billing & payment options, deposits, rate calculations and comparisons.
- Promote Duke Energy’s digital channels to business customers so they can take advantage of on-line services for self-service and provide them additional options and flexibility for their business needs.
- The Business Services Team is highly focused on ensuring business customers feel valued through strong relationship management, ensuring they are aware of our options for billing, payment and digital channels to suit their business’ unique needs and result in top tier customer satisfaction survey results.
- Understand and communicate billing and commercial rate components such as KVAR, KVA, Demand, Load Factor, Ratchet, and Power Factor and how they are derived.
- Execute rate calculations and comparisons to determine appropriate rates.
- Obtain and provide interval data as requested by customers.
- Manage service agreement process to assure all new business customers receive an accurate service agreement as required by the Regional Utilities and Public Service Commissions.
- Assist business customers supplying information regarding service requests and provide specific job-related service information.
- Assigns preliminary account in customer systems for appropriate region-specific billing system and must obtain customer billing information such as street, suburb, zip code, mailing address.
- Interprets gas & electric policies, practices and service requirements and contacts and receives calls from internal customers concerning discrepancies in billing records and service order issues.
- Determine and quote service charges all types of gas and/or electric services.
- Assist business customers on our Energy Efficiency services available and connect these customers with our Business Energy Efficiency team. Analyze changes in consumption and troubleshoot solutions. Understand the concept of load management and Time of Use options available. Interprets gas and/or electric policies, practices and service requirements and ability to explain this information.
- Assist customers with power outage calls, provide restoration information and ensure they are registered for text notification services to receive alerts and ongoing updates for outage cause and restoration timeframe.
- Virtual – Work will be performed from a remote location after the onboarding period. However, virtual employees should live within a reasonable commute to any Duke Energy office location within North Carolina, South Carolina or Florida
- This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work with the possibility of occasional overtime (before or after your standard scheduled time, or on a day other than your scheduled day)
- Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is privately separate from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse
- High School/GED degree
- In addition to required degree, one (1) year or more related work experience
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree
- Two (2) or more years of customer service experience with business customers or similar professional experience in a customer facing position (in-person or by phone)
- Customer relationship management experience
- Data Entry experience (ability to type at 40+ words per minute (WPM))
- Knowledge of regulatory rules, regulations, inspections, and requirements.
- Ability to work efficiently in stressful situations – maintain composure in demanding and difficult situations
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Ability to interact well with both internal and external customers
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing using effective listening skills
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to research and investigate and resolve customer requests or issues
- Experience asking follow-up and probing questions to identify and clarify customer issues to be addressed while exercising good judgment with appropriate questions
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to be flexible and effective when working with sensitive customer issues/concerns
- Exceptional skills using Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
Please Read: Steps in Duke Energy’s Hiring Process
- Upon successfully submitting your application for this position, you will be immediately redirected to the online test, the Duke Energy Customer Care Assessment. Please read all of the instructions carefully prior to beginning the online test.
- You will have 24 hours before the assessment link expires to complete your assessment (online test).
- The test will be timed.
- You must pass the test to move forward in the application process for continued consideration.
- Candidates who successfully pass the test and meet the required/basic qualifications may be contacted for an interview
Relocation Assistance Provided (as applicable)
Visa Sponsored Position
Posting Expiration Date
Tuesday, April 5, 2022
All job postings expire at 12:01 AM on the posting expiration date.
Please note that in order to be considered for this position, you must possess all of the basicequired qualifications.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information (CA)
Company: Duke Energy Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Charlotte, NC
Application Deadline: N/A