Website Duke Energy
The role will be responsible for accounting, financial analysis, budgeting and reporting support for the multiple regulatory recovery mechanisms for Customer Delivery, primarily TDSIC for Indiana and SPP for Florida. This position requires a blended knowledge of technical and functional financial reporting and analysis skills. This position works closely with the business partners and the other finance teams to analyze and report variances, trends and plans. Key activities include financial planning, managing the budget development as well as monthly, year to date and year-end financial analysis. This role will also support the regulatory reporting requirements throughout the year. The role will work with business representatives at all levels, in all jurisdictions, to provide the expertise/assistance necessary for the business to achieve financial success.
- Serve as key interface to program and project teams on understanding and implementation of financial policies and procedures.
- Work with internal and external auditors, providing necessary information and answering questions as needed.
- Compile and analyze statistical data to identify and correct errors and to evaluate general content.
- Actively seek to identify and meet customer needs with a sense of urgency, taking ownership of customer issues and problems until resolved.
- Budget development for the programs included in regulatory recovery.
- Evaluate and report these recovery programs’ O&M and capital budget variances that allows for accurate financial reporting and accurate year end variance projections.
- Prepare financial schedules required to meet monthly and quarterly business unit data requests from Corporate Accounting.
- Lead and/or assist with special projects and requests as required including research and process improvement teams.
- Develop an understanding of the work management systems and the accounting mapping to support interpretation of the interfaces between the different systems.
- Maintain good working knowledge of accounting policies and impacts as required.
- Prepare, check and/or post journal entries and accruals on an as needed basis.
- Provide financial, accounting, and business management analytical support to various levels of management and customers.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; demonstrated initiative within current team
- Ability to understand business operations and apply business acumen to identify issues and propose innovative solutions
- Demonstrated analytical/problem solving skills and strong business acumen
- Ability to build relationships with customers at all levels within the organization
- Self motivated
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in a financial, planning & analysis role
- Experience in regulated utility accounting
- Experience applying GAAP accounting principles, and evaluating internal controls
- Experience with financial applications (i.e., PeopleSoft, HFM, PowerPlan, etc.) and query tool (WebI)
- Possesses and applies fundamental accounting and finance concepts, practices, and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree with major in Accounting/Finance or related discipline
- Six (6) plus years of increasingly diverse or complex experience in related field in addition to degree
- Experience using Microsoft products such as Excel, Word and Power Point
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cincinnati, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com