Website Duke Energy
The Lead Engineer is at the specialist level of the Engineering classification hierarchy. Employees at this level solve complex problems, manage work, and provide leadership to others in engineering areas of specialization, with minimal supervision and increased latitude for un-reviewed work. The Lead Engineer serves in lead roles providing guidance to others. They are also expected to have advanced skills and have the ability to work independently.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures; demonstrates ability to analyze and recommend enhancements to business processes and develops standards relevant to area of assignment. Keeps abreast of new developments, technologies procedures and equipment.
- Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches with the ability to conduct analysis and recommend process enhancements and standards relative to area of assignment.
- Conducts engineering and related studies with full technical responsibility for planning and coordinating complex projects; applies extensive technical expertise to manage projects and disseminate knowledge to enhance the organizational unit’s competitive position.
- Provides engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of complex problems in area of expertise with the ability to visualize long-term results and assess impacts on a system-wide basis.
- Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities where only limited standardization exists; handles differing situations which require searching for solutions within area of expertise.
- Skilled in engineering theories and principles
- Skilled in the practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations.
- Skilled principles of project management.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Certified Professional Engineer (PE)
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in the utility industry.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering obtained from an ABET accredited program OR a Master’s degree in Engineering in lieu of a Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Minimum of eight (8) years of engineering experience
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fayetteville, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org