Website Duke Energy
This position is part of the Transmission NERC Compliance Engineering Reliability and Security group. This work group is responsible for Transmission Engineering’s compliance with NERC reliability and security standards, and works collaboratively with the Transmission Compliance Coordination group and with peer compliance teams within the Transmission Operations Department and Transmission Construction, Maintenance and Vegetation Management Department.
- Leads the development, support, and contributes to the on-going strategy of the NERC Compliance program to meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Monitors the execution of self-reports, mitigation plans, corrective actions and data requests.
- Leads or assists Cause Analysis teams.
- Serves as an interface between team members, business units, support groups, corporate areas, contractors, and vendors to ensure appropriate communication and problem resolution.
- Develop positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities. Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills. Maintains accurate records and files.
- Demonstrates broader knowledge of NERC Compliance controls, regulatory matters, security, business acumen and critical infrastructure
- Provides consultation, interpretation, administration, and development as well as implementation of contractual, regulatory, and reliability documents.
- Provides operational interpretation of applicable NERC standards for Transmission Engineering teams.
- Reviews and recommends responses to legal and regulatory inquiries.
- Stay abreast of NERC standard changes by representing Duke Energy on industry committees and working groups.
- Coordinates consistent implementation of business processes needed to ensure or demonstrate compliance with NERC standards.
- Knowledgeable and proficient of tools and procedures for the NERC Compliance program.
- Oversee the successful preparation and execution of audits by regional transmission organizations, regional reliability councils, NERC or FERC.
- Experience with IT or telecom network administration and cyber security
- Demonstrates an understanding of Reliability and Security Transmission Level Procedures; able to provide input for maturing procedures during periodic reviews
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with at least 4 years NERC Compliance experience
- Experience w/ conducting Reliability and Security related training to Transmission Engineering Personnel
- Experience with IT architecture design
- Previous experience with compliance audits
- Experience with leading and providing resolution for corrective actions that are a result of cause analyses
- Experience with performing change management to ensure that NERC devices are correctly documented and captured
- Experience with performing Cyber Vulnerability Assessments (CVAs) for NERC sites
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Raleigh, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com