Website Duke Energy
This position will be working on the Checkout Desk supporting the Distribution Management System (DMS) for the Carolinas DCCs (Distribution Control Center). As Distribution System Control and Data Acquisition (DSCADA) one line screens and point mapping becomes available for testing, the equipment must be set-up in the DMS/DSCADA systems. This position will be responsible for verifying the DMS/DSCADA system is configured correctly to communicate with the equipment and that all alarms, events, analogs and statuses’ are received as expected. Other tasks may include: trouble shooting, data clean-up, updating documentation and development of statistical analysis.
- Track and analyze system and business key metrics.
- Responsible for developing, writing and updating user documentation.
- Support continuous improvement and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Practices a “Safety First” attitude incorporating company safety rules and policies in all aspects of daily work.
- Prepare thorough and accurate technical and business reports, effective correspondence, accurate documentation and well-maintained records.
- Work independently and is self-starting performing tasks indicative of the job. Works well without direct supervision.
- Participate in data analysis and root cause investigations.
- Provides technical expertise and business process guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems and the advancement of opportunities.
- Track issues as they are identified and re-test when resolved.
- Responsible for implementing and ensuring adherence to system specific policies & procedures.
- Operate in a stressful environment and multi-task effectively.
- Follow a scripted test procedure and verify that DMS/DSCADA Systems reflect proper information (alarms, events, analogs, status) as a result of testing.
- Bachelors degree in Business
- Ability to multitask to conduct checkout tasks while in continual conversation via audio communication.
- Associates degree in Business or Technical degree
Qualification & Experience:
- In lieu of Technical degree(s) AND 2 year(s) related work experience listed above, High School/GED AND 4 year(s) related work experience
- In addition to required degree, 2 years related work experience
- Familiarity with computer based man machine systems interface
- Familiarity with Grid data acquisition and control systems
- Experience of Distribution Grid operations and automations
- Bachelors degree in Technical Business Administration
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Winston Saleem, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org