Website Duke Energy
This position reports to the Transmission Work Management Manager and supports the Transmission field personnel who perform construction and maintenance activities for substation and transmission line assets. The Planner is responsible for the preparation of work packages to perform both Construction and Maintenance activities. The Planner will review the maintenance/performance history of the equipment to identify and determine special requirements necessary to successfully complete the work. The Planner will identify any additional maintenance work or capital projects that could be worked concurrently to gain resource efficiencies. The Planner will document and explain variances in the actual job task work hours versus estimated job task work hours. The Planner must closely monitor the progress and status of work and is responsible for raising issues to schedulers and supervisors to identify areas for improvement and opportunities to improve efficiencies. The Planner may also be required to ensure accurate completion of NERC related documentation.
- Provide any Safety or Environmental information
- Accurate estimate of hours required to perform job
- Provide any sketches, digital pictures or drawings needed
- Project job durations for scheduling purposes
- Plan for any mobile equipment needs
- Obtain necessary DOT or Environmental permits
- Scope of work required
- Provide any vendor support information
- Provide procedures required to perform work
- Plan for any special part needs
- Identify special tools required to perform work
- Provide any special PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) needs
- Skill sets required to perform work
- This individual must possess a vast knowledge of substation, apparatus, relaying and line maintenance practices to identify all needed procedures, resources, and clearances to effectively perform each maintenance / construction job.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to function effectively in a diverse support organization.
- Working knowledge of work management system, e.g., MS Project, Maximo, MyWorld, iTOA, P6, and MS Office (word, excel, access, etc).
- Must possess the ability to submit substation equipment or line clearances and demonstrate the ability to identify clearance boundaries.
- Requires substantial specific knowledge in craft areas such as electrical, relaying, apparatus, sub-station, and line construction / maintenance work to effectively develop job plans. (Preferred)
Qualification & Experience:
- In Lieu of Degree, High School / GED, AND 7 years minimum required related experience
- Associates Degree AND
- 5 years minimum required related experience
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: High Point, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org