Website Duke Energy
This position is responsible for negotiation and acquisition of real estate rights in support of Transmission, Distribution, Nuclear, Fossil, Hydro, Lake Services, Gas Operations, Distributed Energy Resources (Solar), as well as any Corporate needs. They will use advanced negotiating strategies to facilitate the acquisition process for full or partial rights in support of all regulated business units. They must be familiar with public land records and how to research ownership. They must be familiar with numerous land use issues. They will work in collaboration with landowners, attorneys, public officials, engineers, and others in gaining land rights to support company projects and customer requests. They may have responsibility for a variety of land rights acquisition projects as well as easement releases and less complex disposal projects.
- Project Management – Representative must be able to manage various tasks simultaneously in order to accomplish desired objectives. Acquisition requires managing a variety of competing interests to include risks, costs and relationships.
- Administrative – Familiarity with MS Office and other tools in order to compile and complete reports. Maintain and protect field files as directed by Records Retention policy and/or state regulations. Appropriate documentation of all aspects of transactions from contract preparation to recording of conveyances. Ensures payments are made with proper accounting by check/wire to facilitate transaction settlements.
- Negotiation – Ability to work with property owners and interests to bring about an equitable and fair settlement for the rights being acquired.
- Communications – Ability to develop interpersonal relationships. Written and verbal skills are vital in dealing with individuals as well as groups (i.e. DOT, Homeowner Assoc., Courts, church leadership, boards, public meetings, etc.)
- Valuation – Ability to compile sales data to support values for both fee simple and partial rights acquisition and disposal. Able to read appraisal reports with a critical eye and challenge opinions.
- Basic legal expertise – proficient in research and examination of basic title issues (deeds, mortgages, liens, taxes, etc.) and ability to perform a limited title search. Review of transaction documents. Assist attorneys with legal proceedings to include expert witness testimony.
- Knowledge of electric operations and construction
- Environmental awareness to understand basics of due diligence and the public requirements for projects.
- Effective public presentation, witness and testimony skills and experience.
- Strategic thinker, comfortable with systems, metrics, and out of the box resolutions and implementation as necessary
- A real estate professional designation earned through testing and experience from a recognized real estate association such as IRWA, Appraisal Institute, CoreNet, CCIM, etc.
- Survey and land engineering knowledge
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Real Estate or related discipline
- In lieu of Bachelor’s degree(s) AND 3 plus year(s) related work experience listed above, High School/GED AND 7 plus year(s) related work experience
- Notary Public and Real Estate License
- In addition to required degree, 3 plus years related work experience
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greensboro, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org