Website Duke Energy
This position is responsible for executing billing, payment processing and accounts receivable management job tasks for Duke Energy’s utility, mass market customer segment.Â Performs tasks necessary to comply with regulatory requirements and SOX financial controls. It operates under general supervision and on various work schedules to meet customer demands. The incumbent maintains a required level of expertise in the systems required, and uses this knowledge to ensure timely and accurate billing, payment processing and collections. Responds to and resolves customer inquiries and complaints. Interfaces with key internal stakeholders, including Customer Contact Operations, Metering Services, Distribution and Customer Service Support. Job tasks for individual performers may vary.
- Develops basic knowledge of CIS system(s) and revenue services processes * Resolves billing, accounts receivable, or payment exceptions for routine, non-complex account scenarios.
- Resolves and completes future dated orders * Monitors delinquent accounts in an effort to collect or take appropriate action to limit financial exposure.
- Takes action on 30/60/90 arrears reports for this customers segment, including contact with external customers and internal stakeholders.
- Resolves pre-bill and post-bill exception/problems that prevent accounts from billing for basic residential and small C&I rate schedules .
- Processes accelerated delinquency notification and non-pay disconnect action for customers with returned checks/drafts.
- Reviews, monitors, and takes immediate action to acquire security deposits for mass market accounts.
- Resolves usage, billing issues and other situations that will prevent an accurate bill from being rendered to a mass market customer.
- Performs monitoring of SOX compliance reports including excessive day aging reports (which vary across jurisdictions) for active and inactive accounts. Takes the appropriate follow-up action.
- Reviews and take action as necessary on internal control reports such as the refund check report, the undeliverable refund check report and the stop payment report.
- Performs monitoring of Customer Contact Operations and Distribution performer transactions related to DNP suspensions and uncollected obligations (deposits, final bills, charge-offs, etc.) to ensure effective collections and management of delinquent and high risk utility accounts.
- Previous BancTec experience (processing, researching)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to work safely and knowledgeable of the company’s safety requirements and regulations
- Ability to provide quality service to internal and external customers
- Written and oral communication skills
- Ability to analyze and compare data to ensure accuracy
- Working knowledge of the applicable utility commission rules and regulations
- Working knowledge of the applicable Customer Information & related systems
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively research/investigate information needed and exercise good judgment in making decisions
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous Payment Research experience
- Associate’s degree
- In lieu of Associate’s degree, High School/GED AND 2 years minimum related work experience
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com