IP Intern Job in DTN North Carolina, United States
This Jobsfunter Listing is about DTN in North Carolina, United States 2022
About the job
DTN is a global leader providing insights and analytics to our customers to feed, fuel, and protect the world. We help people make critical business decisions that impact the agriculture, oil and gas, trading, and weather industries.
It’s a difference you’ve likely felt without even knowing it. From the food on your plate to the gas in your car to the last flight you took, chances are a DTN customer made it possible. And that’s just for starters. That’s why we say, “When our customers prosper, we all win.”
DTN is seeking a summer Intern to join our team either remotely, or out of our Norman, Oklahoma location to assist in our Intellectual Property/Patent Product coverage and competitive analysis. Throughout your summer at DTN, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with other interns in our program, as well as learn about various business units within our company landscape (ex. HR, Sales, Product Teams, Marketing, etc.).
In this role, you’ll work with our legal and product management teams to:
- Create an inventory of DTN’s existing patents
- Interview product managers about competitors in their industry areas of expertise
- Search for potential competitive patents & identify possible overlaps or gaps within existing DTN patents
- Create an inventory of patents from competitors in our industries
- Create a competitive analysis report for our Intellectual Property portfolio
During your summer with DTN, among other things, you’ll:
- Effectively conduct patent searches
- Evaluate and analyze a patent for relevancy
- Report on your analysis conclusions in a meaningful way
What We Are Looking For In An Intern
- A student entering their junior or senior year of college, pursuing a degree in Business or Law
- You’re able to work 24-30 hours per week
- You’re interested in learning about patents and/or product management, specifically within the agriculture and weather space
- You have excellent communication skills
OUR VISION: To be the independent, trusted source of insights to our customers who feed, protect, and fuel the world.
OUR MISSION: Empower our customers with intelligent and actionable insights that exceed their expectations and enable their success on a daily basis.
OUR VALUES: Customer-Focused, Forward-Thinking, People-Centric, Solution-Oriented
We have great benefits at DTN – apply today to find out more!
At DTN, we are an equal opportunity employer. Come join us as we help feed, fuel, and protect the world!
- DTN is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Vacancy Type: Part-time · Internship
Job Location: North Carolina, United States
Application Deadline: N/A