This Jobsfunter Listing is about Dow in Marietta, GA 2022
About the job
Dow has an exciting opportunity for a Raw Material Logistics Activity Coordinator in Marietta, GA.
Serves as a vital resource for Operations and Supply Chain to coordinate and prioritize activities necessary to ensure raw materials are readily available and staged prior to production needs. Also, owns the packed raw material management life cycle (physical and SAP) from scheduled delivery and receipt, through final removal of empty containers.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Influential leader on safety expectations in receiving and tank maintenance area.
- Owns receiving area racks, production staging racks, and hot boxes.
- Leads team to provide uninterrupted supply of packed raw materials.
- Coordinates raw material needs with supply chain planning.
- Leads area that manages all inbound container shipments including maintenance and project items, and packages for lab and office personnel.
- Tracks raw material availability for the upcoming production schedule and works with supply chain planning to proactively resolve potential impacts to schedule.
- Responsible for inventory accuracy and to ensure physical inventories are within business rule guidelines (+/-5%) with SAP inventory for all packed raw materials.
- Ensures all received raw materials are sampled, QC approved, stored, and goods received into SAP within 24 hours of arrival.
- Ensures 350 tank receipt SAP transactions are entered within 24 hours of tank receipt.
- Performs relevant SAP transactions where needed to ensure the site meets the requirements for timely recording of receipts and production activities within SAP.
- Creates, owns, and tracks metrics associated with raw material availability including production delays caused by a lack of packed raw material, outstanding goods receipt transactions, open raw material PO’s past due, packed raw materials below safety stock, etc.
- Coordinates proactive cycle counts of packed raw materials and packaging materials that are at risk of causing delays to the production schedule (below safety stock, below requirement for next two weeks, etc.).
- Supports preparation of annual stock tank and coordinates packed raw material and packaging material portion of the stock take.
- Owns all documentation, procedures, and training content related to the receiving clerk, receiving material handler, and raw material coordinator roles.
- Trains new receiving material handlers, receiving clerk, and raw material coordinator when needed.
- Leads packed raw material and packaging material management improvement initiatives including digital improvements (RFID, QR code, etc.) and time slot booking.
- Maintains an evergreen list of improvement projects for the receiving area.
- Ensures site logistics tasks are value added, clearly defined, scheduled and completed.
- Sets daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual priorities for receiving clerk, receiving material handler, and raw material coordinator roles.
- Leads by example in the use of Safe Work Practices and Behavior Based field Programs.
- Actively supports and drives area 99 reduction and 5S projects to maintain a clear and well kept production floor area.
- Develops the required knowledge in Management Systems and EH&S Standards to coach and mentor other members of the plant team in these spaces.
- Works closely with the operations team and leverages their problem solving skills and technical expertise.
- Coordinates and schedules empty container shipments and ensure full empty container trucks are removed within 1 day of filling.
- Monitors and communicates performance issues, recognition opportunities, and development and training needs and desires of logistics personnel to the Plant Leadership.
- Conducts daily review of logbook and actively participates in supply chain integration meetings and communication.
- Provides leadership, expertise, diagnosis, and optimization in plant Raw Material Efficiency, which may include yield or waste generation.
- Supports Root Cause Investigations as subject matter expert for unplanned events related to packed raw materials or packaging materials.
- Serves as a backup for production clerk, PDA, and shipping coordinator
- 5 or more years in a manufacturing, logistics, military, or related role.
- Able to work overtime.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Associates degree or higher.
- DOT certification.
- PU systems experience.
- SAP experience.
- Forklift operations experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Be proficient in computers to perform job tasks.
- Have strong Interpersonal, Facilitative, and Organizational skills.
- Effectively interacts with multiple functions and diverse individuals to achieve goals.
- Demonstrates excellent decision making skills and the ability to prioritize appropriately.
- Effectively manages multiple competing priorities.
- Has strong troubleshooting skills.
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to communicate with a very diverse population which is spread across the site.
- Strong reading comprehension and listening skills.
- Strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
- Demonstrate leadership skills – inspire others and lead them through influence.
- Able to work with independently with minimal supervision with in an empowered team environment.
- Strong work ethic.
- Safety focused.
- The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation assistance for this position. This includes reimbursement for travel expenses incurred to and from test sessions/interviews. If you apply for a position that is not within the area in which you reside, you will be responsible for all costs that you incur. **
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow’s equal opportunities is available on www.dow.com .
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to providing opportunities without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-833-My Dow HR and select option 0, then press *.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Marietta, GA
Application Deadline: N/A