Website Discovery Limited
Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under Discovery Limited in Gauteng,SouthAfrica 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
About the job
Achieve more than YOU BELIEVE
Discovery Employee Benefits Underwriting Team Leader – Medical Assessment About Discovery
Discovery’s core purpose is to make people healthier and to enhance and protect their lives. We seek out and invest in exceptional individuals who understand and support our core purpose, and whose own values align with those of Discovery. Our fast-paced and dynamic environment enables smart, self-driven people to be their best. As global thought leaders, Discovery is passionate about innovating to not only achieve financial success, but to ignite positive and meaningful change within our society.
Key Purpose of the role The Primary Function of this role is to manage the underwriting assessment processes within the underwriting assessment team to ensure that underwriting assessments are of an acceptable standard, to assist the team in overcoming barriers to performance and to ensure that leadership of the team is performed according to best practices advocated by Discovery Principle Accountabilities
- Accurate assessment, investigation, and validation of assessments in accordance with the goals, objectives, processes and standard operating procedures
- Ensuring all risks are mitigated and escalated, this includes the identification of fraudulent activity and non-disclosure.
- Providing effective, efficient, and professional service to all our clients, both telephonically and through written correspondence.
- Maintains, report, arrange, organize, and update the systems and procedures
- Responding to queries ensuring they are resolved timeously and effectively and managing workflow
- Data analysis and reporting to various stakeholder
- Client meetings
- Quality assurance of assessments
- Manage projects relevant to the underwriting team to ensure delivery within the agreed timeline
- Build and maintain with relationships at all levels service providers and internal departments to enhance organizational effectiveness and efficiency
- Analyse processes to identify risks and opportunities for enhancements or innovations to continuously improve the team’s outputs
- Leading and motivating staff
- Display speed and execution in assessing and underwriting cases per day to ensure outcomes are delivered.
- Discuss complex, large, and substandard lives with Line Manager, CMO and Reassurers.
- Conduct accurate underwriting requirement setting within SLA to meet objectives.
Education and Experience
- Matric with Mathematics – Essential
- Medical qualification required with a minimum of 2 years clinical or insurance experience
- COP and Intermediate Certificate (Retirement Funds II) – Advantageous
- Intermediate – Advanced proficiency on MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word) – Essential
- Knowledge of the Group Life Product – Advantageous
- Experience in Employee Benefits/Group Risk – Advantageous
- Working experience in payroll/ finance role – Advantageous
- 1 – 2 years of working experience in leading and managing staff – Advantageous
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Company: Discovery Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gauteng,SouthAfrica
Application Deadline: N/A