Website Department for Work and Pensions DWP
Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under Department for Work and Pensions DWP in Tottenham,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
About the job
About the job
The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is responsible for welfare, pensions and child maintenance policy. As the UK’s biggest public service department, we operate on a scale that is almost unmatched anywhere in Europe and most people in Britain come into contact with us at some point in their lives.
DWP Estates Directorate are accountable for the delivery of all aspects of real estate services and the work we do is critical in ensuring the vital work that the Department undertakes is enabled effectively. The DWP commercial estate is the largest within Government and our diverse national property portfolio reflects this scale. It is a unique mix ranging from modern corporate centres, multi-occupied Service Centres, to its frontline high street services.
We are responsible for the Department’s 900+ workplaces, that provide workplaces for 90,000 employees and a UK wide presence for all those that visit us. Ultimately, the Department relies on us to provide safe and secure buildings that are fit for purpose and meet the needs of the business.
The Department is also committed to delivering Sustainability and Net Zero Carbon improvements across its estate, demonstrating leadership in making the public estate smaller, better, greener. The work you will be undertaking is therefore crucial in us meeting the needs of all those who use our services.
This role will support as the Estates customer interface in the Regional Area, working closely with local stakeholders and customers to ensure high quality day to day delivery of services. It will support a One Team approach of high quality customer care and strong stakeholder management, through a supplier partner environment, building the reputation of Estates as an effective enabler to the wider business and its customers. This role will manage c. 50 properties within designated region.
- Ensure supply chain are delivering services to enable a fit for purpose portfolio that is safe and able to support DWP business functions. Undertake ad-hoc visits across the designated portfolio to activities such as, reviewing assets, undertaking audits, identifying health and safety issues, compliance, checking risk assessments, assisting service issue resolution – drawing upon subject matter expertise within the wider team as required. Attend regular supply chain governance meetings as required.
- As the face of DWPE, manage SRO customer engagement across designated portfolio. Manage escalations and complaints from customers and suppliers where it has cross-supply chain implications and is beyond the scope of FM supply chain Building Manager. Demonstrate positive customer service by understanding the complexity and diversity of customer needs and expectations.
- Manage allocation and co-ordination of multiple supply chain on site (e.g. incident response, projects, LCW, moves & churn (including FF&E), compliance and H&S)
- Understand the strategic drivers for Service Delivery and Estates, remaining alert to emerging issues and trends and undertaking regular reviews of priorities, risks, concerns, focus and proactive planning for your designated portfolio, supporting local, regional and national level planning.
- Support implementation of operational strategies, policies and procedures in line with the operational, H&S and compliance requirements to ensure a well managed and maintained portfolio in partnership with the supply chain. Ensure business continuity and adherence to H&S and compliance requirements.
- Work in partnership with the supply chain to encouraging ideas for change, identify areas for improvement, simplifying processes, establishing clear hand-off’s and responsibilities, ensuring value for money and reducing bureaucracy.
- Act as Initial point of contact for service change on site. Review requirements for site with customers and engage with Supply Chain Mgmt and Category Management team who will determine service changes and execute relevant contract changes. Ensure service change matrix on site are reflection of site requirements.
- Act as operational knowledgeable rep, articulating site requirement to ensure effective project planning, prioritisation and scoping. Support project approval processes from an operational perspective, working closely with DWP Projects team. Coordination of supplier partners during project delivery, mobilisation and hand over for seamless transition to BAU.
- Understand incident management processes across designated portfolio, ensure there are appropriate procedures and processes in place to deal with required remedial action. Raise work orders in line with financial controls to support rectification of any issues.
- Raise where necessary and manage work orders within Delegated Financial Authority, seeking savings and value for money and adhering to Financial Accounting rules at all times. Support the embedded Cost Management team in validating and auditing estimates, application for payments and invoices where applicable.
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Experienced in a Property, Facilities Management or similar complex function within a large, matrix organisation.
- Commercial experience gained within the Property/FM division of a complex, matrix organisation.
- Understanding of building condition and performance, and related contract and clause management.
- Management of external suppliers/contractors who deliver a wide range of project activities, from design phase onwards.
- Experienced in the understanding and knowledge of health & safety provision.
- High level management of key suppliers in supporting negotiations, managing/escalating issues, and engaging in key decision making with strategic consequences.
- Interpretation and analysis of data to inform decision making.
- Willingness to understand and comply with Real Estate and related Statutory, Regulatory and Professional requirements.
Leadership attributes and behaviours
Reflect on own work, continuously seek and act on feedback to improve own and team’s performance. Ensure development objectives are set and achieved to address any gaps and improve delivery of current and future work.
- Have clear understanding of their role, responsibilities, and accountability within the team.
- Support continuous improvement of relevant standards, policies, processes, and governance relating to the role, identifying improvement opportunities and owning their implementation where applicable.
- Collaborate with team members and cross functional colleagues to identify and implement improvements in ways of working, policy, process and governance.
Working towards AssocRICS with a preference if already held, or
- Working towards IWFM (Levels 4-5) with a preference if already held
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Making Effective Decisions
- Working Together
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
People working with government assets must complete
Selection process details
This vacancy is using
STAGE 1 – APPLICATION & SIFT
As part of the application process you will be asked to provide a 1000 words Personal Statement against the essential criteria as outlined above. You will also be asked to provide a short CV.
Your CV should be fairly short and just evidence very brief details of your work history and experience.
Please do not submit a speculative application where you do not meet at least 50% of the essential criteria as these applications will be unsuccessful. Do not include Behaviour examples within your application as these will not be assessed in the sift and will only be used at interview stage.
Further details around what this will entail are listed on the application form.
There will be an initial sift of applications based on the Personal Statement only, so please ensure you evidence how you meet the Essential Skills, Knowledge & Experience requirement contained in the vacancy in this section. This will form a short list for interview.
After submission of your application you will be invited to complete a Civil Service Judgement Test.
Please complete the online tests as soon as possible (within 24-48 hours is recommended), the closing date for the tests is 21/10/2022 at 23:55 . If you fail to complete the online test before the deadline your application will be withdrawn. Guidance for the test will be available when you are invited to take the test. The tests are administered online and accessed via the CS Jobs website.
STAGE 2 – INTERVIEW
All candidates who are successful at the sift stage will undertake a single virtual video interview.
The interview will follow a blended approach which will help us assess candidates Behaviours and Strengths.
Currently the sift is scheduled to take place w/c 24 October 2022 and interview dates will be w/c 7 November 2022. Due to the current situation with COVID19 the interviews are scheduled to take place virtually. These dates are subject to change.
A reserve list may be held for a period of 6 months from which further appointments can be made.
New entrants are expected to join on the minimum of the pay band.
Any move to DWP from another employer will mean you can no longer access childcare vouchers. This includes moves between government departments. You may however be eligible for other government schemes, including Tax Free Childcare. Determine your eligibility at
If successful and transferring from another Government Department a criminal record check may be carried out.
In order to process applications without delay, we will be sending a Criminal Record Check to Disclosure and Barring Service on your behalf. However, we recognise in exceptional circumstances some candidates will want to send their completed forms direct. If you will be doing this, please advise Government Recruitment Service of your intention by emailing stating the job reference number in the subject heading.
Applicants who are successful at interview will be, as part of pre-employment screening, subject to a check on the Internal Fraud Database (IFD). This check will provide information about employees who have been dismissed for fraud or dishonesty offences. This check also applies to employees who resign or otherwise leave before being dismissed for fraud or dishonesty had their employment continued. Any applicant’s details held on the IFD will be refused employment.
A candidate is not eligible to apply for a role within the Civil Service if the application is made within a 5 year period following a dismissal for carrying out internal fraud against government.
If you are experiencing accessibility problems with any attachments on this advert, please contact the email address in the ‘Contact point for applicants’ section.
Before applying for this vacancy, current employees of DWP should check whether a successful application would result in changes to their terms & conditions of employment, e.g. mobility, pay, allowances. Civil Servants that would transfer into DWP from other government organisations, following successful application, will assume DWP’s terms & conditions of employment current on the day they are posted, unless DWP has stated otherwise in writing.
At DWP we value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage and welcome applications from everyone, including those that are underrepresented in our workforce.
We consider visible and non-visible disabilities, neurodiversity or learning differences, chronic medical conditions, or mental ill health. Examples include dyslexia, epilepsy, autism, chronic fatigue, or schizophrenia.
If you need a change to be made so that you can make your application, you should:
Contact Government Recruitment Service via [email protected] as soon as possible before the closing date to discuss your needs.
Complete the “Reasonable Adjustments” section in the “Additional requirements” page of your application form to tell us what changes or help you might need further on in the recruitment process. For instance, you may need wheelchair access at interview, or if you’re deaf, a Language Service Professional.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
This job is broadly open to the following groups:
- UK nationals
- nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UK
- nationals of the Republic of Ireland
- nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with settled or pre-settled status or who apply for either status by the deadline of the
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals working in the Civil Service
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals who have built up the right to work in the Civil Service
- certain family members of the relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals
Working for the Civil Service
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission’s
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
The Civil Service also offers a Redeployment Interview Scheme to civil servants who are at risk of redundancy, and who meet the minimum requirements for the advertised vacancy.
Apply and further information
This vacancy is part of the
The Civil Service welcomes applications from people who have recently left prison or have an unspent conviction.
Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available. You may want to save a copy for your records.
Contact point for applicants
- Name : Matt Pepper
- Email : [email protected]
Recruitment team :
- Email : [email protected]
Appointment to the Civil Service is governed by the Civil Service Commission’s Recruitment Principles. If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with these principles and you wish to make a complaint, you should in the first instance contact DWP by email: [email protected]
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the Department, you can contact the Civil Service Commission
Company: Department for Work and Pensions DWP
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tottenham,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A