Website Delta Dental Ins.
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Delta Dental Ins in Rancho Cordova, CA 2022
About the job
At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
The Associate Operations Analyst will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of production and pre-production batch/transaction processing to ensure all SLAs are met. This includes monitoring batch and system alerts and monitoring these systems for efficiency, along with process‐testing often necessary to identify any potential bugs or problems. When the system is not working properly these analysts may perform documented troubleshooting tasks to identify and resolve problems.
This position requires the incumbent to work on a 4×10 schedule. The work schedule will be 4 days per week 10 hours per day for a total of 40 hours. Days off can vary from week to week. The likely schedule for this role is Wednesday through Saturday – 7:30 pm to 6 am pst.
How You Will Make An Impact
- Consistently reviews the Dashboard and alerts containing the status of all Environmental, Applications, Online, current batch executions and any batch abends.
- Reports on any status other than green immediately.
- Processes Production Batch Requests, and creates and updates Daily Batch Turnover, and monitors batch processing via Scheduling Application.
- Monitors emails for alerts regarding abends, threshold issues, server alerts and batch questions / Scheduling request.
- Compares Payment Processing, Billing, and multiple scheduling applications for accuracy.
- Coordinates triage calls with Vendors, Developers, Infrastructure and other teams as needed.
- Monitors internal tracking site for pre‐production requests, accepts request and updates progress until the request completes.
- Notifies requester of EOJ or problems encountered.
- Provides system and Tidal logs to support escalated triage requests.
- Accurately assesses production changes submitted from Applications Development to maintain system integrity and standards
- Creates reports and analyzes data to identify solutions that meet business goals.
- Analyzes current processes and identifies existing or potential problems in order to discover new process improvement opportunities.
- This list is not all-inclusive and you are expected to perform other duties as requested or assigned.
What we look for:
- Interest in LAN and mid-tier system hardware and software, including UNIX, Windows, HP-UX, and Oracle.
- Experience with various elements of automation and/or scripting is a plus.
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to write and develop procedures and documentation; ability to work and communicate with a diverse group of technical and non-technical personnel in order to achieve stated goals and deliverables.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- 0+ years of experience w/High School Degree or equivalent education is preferred, but candidates with proven experience will not be excluded from consideration.
- Interest in mid-tier computer hardware, software configurations and components.
- Knowledge of ITIL and/or ITSM practices.
- Detail oriented and problem-solving capabilities.
- Thorough knowledge of industry best practice of system/software principles, procedures and methodologies.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks in fast paced, high pressure environments.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills to resolve difficult problems.
- Partner with the business to identify, document and prioritize business requirements.
- Ability to prepare various forms of reports, correspondence and presentations using data visualization techniques.
- Work within various SDLC methodologies (waterfall, iterative, agile).
- Ability to quickly extract and communicate key insights from complex data and details.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation, 12 holidays*, 9 sick days and your birthday off!
- Low-cost premium medical insurance options
- 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- Generous 401(k) matching and flat contribution
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities, including 16 paid volunteer hours annually
- Employee LiveWell program, focusing on overall employee well-being
- Fertility and diabetes benefits
- Employee discount program: AT&T/Verizon, entertainment, travel, and more!
- Culture of learning: career development and tuition reimbursement
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Holiday pay subject to company policies.
Due to COVID-19, there is an even greater demand for flexibility and change. As Delta Dental navigates our Return-to-Office strategy, the expectation around work location for certain roles may be offsite until a future date, determined by Delta Dental Management. Should the position you seek be determined by Delta Dental Management to begin your duties offsite, the position would require you to have access to internet in order to meet the expectations outlined in the job duties.
Please note, Delta Dental will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
At Delta Dental We
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
To see some of the smiling faces behind Delta Dental and to learn more about what our values and culture look like in action, connect with us on social media: @lifeatddins on Facebook and Instagram , @deltadentalins on Twitter , and Delta Dental Ins. on LinkedIn .
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. Our vision is to motivate and empower every employee so we’re all inspired to take exceptional care of our customers, providers and each other. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Unfortunately, our Delta Dental Enterprise is unable to hire individuals residing in Alaska, North Dakota, Nebraska, Hawaii, Oklahoma, Vermont, Maine, West Virginia, New Hampshire, Wyoming, Puerto Rico or other US Territories at this time.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire.
Delta Dental* has enacted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to protect all employees and the communities we serve due to the ongoing impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Accordingly, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Are you able to comply with our policy of being fully vaccinated by your start date if an offer is made or have a medical or sincerely held religious exemption for receiving a COVID-19 vaccine? Failure to comply with our policy and submit proof of compliance or receive approval for a valid medical or sincerely held religious belief exemption prior to your start date will nullify any offer of employment extended to you.
- Delta Dental includes: Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental Insurance Company, Delta Dental of Pennsylvania, and Delta Dental of New York
Company: Delta Dental Ins.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Rancho Cordova, CA
Application Deadline: N/A