Quality & Food Safety Senior Manager, Sourcing & Design Special Projects vacancy in Danone Broomfield County, CO
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Danone in Broomfield County, CO 2022
About the job
About The Job
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY This position works within Danone’s Quality & Food Safety Department and cross functionally within our Design to Deliver Organization. The primary responsibility is to ensure Quality and Food Safety standards and principles are applied at all steps of the Design to Deliver process. This position is part of a team working to make certain that only the safest and highest, most consistent quality materials and processes are used to produce Danone products.
- Represent QFS on project team, coordinating QFS efforts with core team members.
- Qualification of new Supplier sites and new Raw and Pack materials
- Activities associated with the supplier and material approval process, such as item code approvals, specification reviews and approvals. Supplier documentation reviews, Food Safety validations and approvals, design assessments, etc.
- Mitigation of risk through application of scientific principles, technical experience and employment of Quality and Food Safety Standards
- Collaboration with internal functions including Cycles & Procurement, Research & Innovation, Environmental Health and Safety, Sustainability, Regulatory, Food Safety, Project Management, Operations and Commercialization & Industrialization to deliver products to the market that meet Danone’s standards.
- Plant operations support related to QFS
- Problem solving, Resolution of issues and claims, Follow-up on issues to ensure appropriate corrective actions are complete.
- Opportunities to lead change and improve ways of working.
- Provide project status, risk, alerts, and action plan reports and communications to leaders and cross functional colleagues.
- Stay current with regulatory and certifying agency guidelines and relevant Danone standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
TRAVEL Estimated at 25%-40%
The base compensation range for this position is $97,000-146,000 commensurate with experience. Danone North America additionally offers a performance-based bonus and has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k Plan, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Time Off, and Paid Parental Bonding Leave, among other benefit plan options. To give our employees flexibility, Danone is a hybrid work environment with opportunities to work both remotely and in office when desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science/Food Science/Technology or similar major
- 7+ years of combined experience with ingredients, food packaging, quality and manufacturing processes.
- Certified in SQF or FSSC (GFSI) auditing schemes.
- Advanced understanding of Quality & Food Safety Systems and current Food Regulations.
- Solid understanding of plant production systems, manufacturing equipment, GMP, SPC, sanitation and EHS.
- Experience with auditing suppliers and a demonstrated ability to drive corrective actions and continuous improvement.
- Experience in problem solving and driving conflict resolution, including financial claims resolution.
- Working knowledge of SAP and/or similar ERP databases.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Must be collaborative and have leadership ability
- Ability to work under deadlines, with multiple priorities
- Ability to work cross-functionally within organization
- Must be adaptable and flexible
- Self-driven, results oriented, able to work independently
- Ability to work with confidential materials
- Excellent communication / presentation skills
- Excellent record keeping / documentation skills
- Detail oriented.
- Able to quickly learn new systems, tools, and programs
- Prior or present responsibility as QA Manager/Engineer for a food manufacturing facility.
- Previous experience in Food or Food Packaging Research and Innovation.
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of one of the largest Certified B Corps™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect. http//www.dol.gov/ofccpegs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Danone requires that corporate employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to entering the workplace. Please note that employees will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations. Danone can change company protocols at any time depending on local, state, and federal regulations.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Broomfield County, CO
Application Deadline: N/A