Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under Dandara in Southampton,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
About the job
Dandara is recruiting for an H&S Advisor to join our Wales & West and Southern region. The H&S Advisor will initially be covering the developments between South Wales, Southwest, and Southampton.
Monday to Friday
42.5 hours per week
About The Role
Reporting to the Heath, Safety, and Environmental Manager, the successful H&S Advisor will be carrying out the highest standard of safety inspections, inductions, and H&S meetings across the business.
With our growing portfolio of 12,000 properties across the UK so far, this is an exciting time for Dandara.
What you will do:
- Highlight trends within the company and allow improvements to be implemented in the right areas.
- Review Construction Phase Plans, Designer Risk Assessments, Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ) RA/MS, COSHH assessments and any other documentation when required.
- Compile specific information from SHE inspection reports and issue them to the Health & Safety department for inclusion in the monthly Health & Safety meeting.
- Actively promote, influence, implement and monitor the SHE procedures and their effectiveness.
- Ensure fire inspections, risk assessments, tests, and evacuation drills are being undertaken in the office facility, sales facilities and across all sites.
- Liaise with local authorities, site teams, H&S Advisors and other areas of the business.
- Develop and promote SHE toolbox talks sitewide on a monthly
- Provide supporting information for inclusion in the monthly Health & Safety meetings, good & bad practice photos, safety inspection scores, site notices, accident/Incident information
What you will have:
- Experience within the construction / residential development industry
- UK driving license
- Flexibility to travel (travel costs/ accommodation / car allowance included)
- NEBOSH, IOSH, IIRSM qualifications
- Experience within an H&S-related role
- Strong knowledge of all updated H&S legislation
What we will offer you:
Dandara was established in 1988 from the desire to provide innovative homes and commercial properties, which would offer real value for money without compromising on design, durability or quality. Today Dandara is one of the UK’s largest independent property development companies, with over 10,000 happy customers and more than 100 industry awards for design and quality – and it’s all thanks to the vision and passion of our dedicated team. Our benefits include:
- £competitive salary
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- £competitive annual bonus (discretionary)
- Up to 5% pension scheme (salary sacrifice scheme)
- 2x salary life assurance (paid option to increase to x4)
- Accommodation will be provided if required when travelling
- £competitive car allowance
If you are an experienced, driven, and ambitious H&S Advisor that would like to join one of the UK’s most well-respected housebuilders – this may be the role for you!
No agency applications will be considered for this role. Any CVs received will be considered a free gift.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Southampton,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A