Website Dallas Independent School District
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Dallas Independent School District in Dallas, TX 2022
About the job
Click The Appropriate Calendar Below To See Your Campuses Schedule For The 2021-2022 School Year
The Dallas ISD Board of Trustees on Jan. 28 adopted three calendars for the next two school years, with the majority of schools set to have a traditional calendar.
- Base Calendar
- Intersession Calendar
- School Day Redesign 1
- School Day Redesign 2
- Collaborate with students, parents, and other members of staff to develop Individual Education Plans (IEP) through the Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee process for each student assigned.
- Implement an instructional, therapeutic, or skill development program for assigned students and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Work cooperatively with classroom teachers to modify regular curricula as needed, and assist special education students in regular classes with assignments.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and capabilities of each student assigned.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Manage student behavior and administer discipline, including intervening in crises and physically restraining students as necessary according to IEP.
- Consult with classroom teachers regarding management of student behavior according to IEP, and consult district and outside resources regarding education, social, medical, and personal needs of students.
- Keep informed of and comply with federal, state, district, and school regulations and policies for special education teachers.
- Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned.
- All federally funded incumbents of this position must comply with time and effort reporting requirements through personnel activity reports or periodic certification, as appropriate.
- Regular and punctual attendance at the worksite is required for this position.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Travel throughout the district is integral to this job. A remote working environment /alternate work arrangement is not an option for campus-based employees/campus-based positions because regular and punctual attendance at the worksite and performing all duties at the worksite are essential job duties for all campus-based personnel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a directly related field
- Valid Texas teacher certificate with required Special Education endorsements.
- One year of student teaching or approved internship.
- Demonstrated willingness to improve competency by periodically participating in some form of professional growth.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Admission, Review, and Dismissal Committee process and Individual Educations Plan goal setting process and implementation.
- Demonstrated general knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of special needs of students in assigned area.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills required to achieve the goals of the position.
- Demonstrated flexibility to cope with the challenges of a rapidly changing world.
- Demonstrated willingness to remain current with the latest developments in the profession.
Aug 19, 2021
Company: Dallas Independent School District
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Dallas, TX
Application Deadline: N/A