Website Dallas Independent School District
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Dallas Independent School District in High School, Texas, United States 2022
About the job
Click The Appropriate Calendar Below To See Your Campuses Schedule For The 2021-2022 School Year
The Dallas ISD Board of Trustees on Jan. 28 adopted three calendars for the next two school years, with the majority of schools set to have a traditional calendar.
- Base Calendar
- Intersession Calendar
- School Day Redesign 1
- School Day Redesign 2
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill requirements of the district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, Board of Trustee policies, and administrative regulations
- Establish efficient classroom management procedures
- Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior
- Establish a system of students evaluation within the guidelines prescribed in state law or adopted by the school district
- Continually evaluate and record various aspects of students’ progress and report to parents as needed and required
- Teach within the course of study for the subject area at the grade level as prescribed in state law or adopted by the school district
- Understand and plan lessons leading to subject area objectives and assume the responsibility for written lesson plans for substitutes
- Provide a variety of planned learning experiences using a variety of media and methods in order to motivate students and best utilize available time for instruction
- Identify pupil needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students resolve health, attitude, and learning problems
- Be available for counseling with students and parents before and after school.
- Share the responsibility of interpreting the educational programs to the community through such activities as open house and PTA meetings
- Plan and coordinate the work of aides and other paraprofessional and student teachers (when applicable)
- Participate cooperatively with the principal to develop the system by which he/she will be evaluated in conformance with the district’s uniform guidelines for evaluation and assessment
- Keep accurate records of student information; compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required by the school and district
- Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned
- Regular and punctual attendance at the worksite is required for this position
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Travel throughout the district is integral to this job. A remote working environment /alternate work arrangement is not an option for campus-based employees/campus-based positions because regular and punctual attendance at the worksite and performing all duties at the worksite are essential job duties for all campus-based personnel.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required of this job:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university; valid Texas teacher certificate with required endorsements for subject and subject level assigned.
- Demonstrated general knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various routine tasks, duties, and procedures and the ability to follow specific instructions with little or no previous experience.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, Board of Trustee policies, and administrative regulations.
- Establish efficient classroom management procedures.
- Demonstrated flexibility to cope with the challenges of a rapidly changing world
- Demonstrated willingness to remain current with the latest developments in the profession
Hillcrest High School
Teacher-English Language Arts and Reading
Mar 12, 2022
Company: Dallas Independent School District
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: High School, Texas, United States
Application Deadline: N/A