Project Manager I – Technical careers in Cox Communications San Diego, CA
Website Cox Communications
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Cox Communications in San Diego, CA 2022
About the job
Primary Location: 5200 Cleveland Street, San Diego, CA, US
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 222751_47035751
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
Plans, organizes, secures, and manages resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives. Projects are temporary endeavors with defined beginning and end and are usually constrained by time and resources. Partners with project stakeholders, internal customers, external vendors, and cross-functional teams. Facilitates a cross-functional team to execute on defined deliverables and drives key decisions. Common deliverables typically include the project charter, scope definition, requirements documents, work activities, project schedule, risk register, communication plan, resource plan, risk management plan, procurement plans, project budget, quality control plan, status updates, reporting, and tracking. Uses industry recognized/generally accepted PM knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to achieve a projects stated objectives. Typically does not independently deliver content or decisions which define final project deliverables.
Technical – requires technical experience &/or education (IT/Engineering) in order to effectively perform the accountabilities of the role. If role does not require technical expertise, please use PM0001 PM I – Business.
- Leads smaller and/or less complex projects under close to moderate supervision;
- Reporting, communications, relationships and sphere of influence typically occur within the team and direct management
- Project cycle of typically less than 1 year
- Actions at this level can cause or prevent delays & cause inefficiencies of a team
- Projects are typically individual or Intra-organizational (multiple departments); although some smaller corporate projects may affect business unit(s) or entire company.
- Budget management is typically limited at this level.
- Develops detailed project schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports; tracks key project milestones and adjusts project plans and/or resources to meet needs of customers
- Initiates, plans, executes, and controls project efforts that utilize technological solutions
- Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high-quality standards, and meet customer expectations
- Develops and executes management plans for time, cost, scope, quality, communications, risk, human resources, procurement and integration
- Translates project requirements into project objectives and tasks
- Reports on project progress throughout the project lifecycle or specific phases within the Solutions Delivery Life cycle (SDLC).
- Coordinates the resources necessary to successfully complete the project
- Communicates major milestones and identifies potential project risks; conducts regular status meetings to review project activities; manages prioritization procedures
- Sets and manages client expectations, managing and escalating issues and changes
- Evaluates the impacts and risks of changes from multiple perspectives, assigns tasks that are necessary to reduce or eliminate those considerations, determines tentative implementation dates, and tracks results of the implementation;
- Develops methods to measure customer satisfaction; obtains feedback at critical milestones and at project completion to ensure that project efforts meeting customer expectations for time, cost, and results
- Anticipates and identifies tasks required to support change processing including performing change impact analysis, assigning tasks to project team members, verbally communicating complex issues, verifying that tasks are completed, and communicating implementation status
- Takes responsibility for changes to applications software and systems environments to ensure that changes to the environment have been properly analyzed and adequately coordinated and do not adversely impact the companys ability to meet published customer service level agreements;
- Creates and applies project control techniques that reduce risk from changing technological infrastructure, hardware, automations, systems software, or applications systems
- Builds relationships with key stakeholders and project resources to drive key decisions and ensure timely project completion
- Produce and report on KPIs and metrics.
- Documents and understands what the technical environment dependencies are for each project to support an end to end integrated environment.
- Manages, the creation and tracking of processes, procedures, and documentation that improve environment stability, availability, and production parity
- Negotiates and provides levels of estimates for projects between business units and the Environment Management Team.
- Accountable for tracking and managing the creation of functional designs; identifies risks and benefits of alternate designs; calculates costs/benefits of potential actions or solutions to establish their viability/ROI; assesses project impact of system changes on users and internal and external customers and stakeholders
- 1 year of experience in related field (i.e. Change management, process improvement, project management, Engineering, Technical Operations) or academic equivalent training or projects.
- Requires working knowledge of engineering or related processes, development of methods and procedures.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred (i.e. Engineering, Computer Science, or similar technical degree). – Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Company: Cox Communications
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: San Diego, CA
Application Deadline: N/A