The Butcher will be responsible for cutting, trimming and preparing raw meat for sale using saws, knifes, grinder and tenderizer.
- Cleans and sanitizes area throughout the day
- Performs routine maintenance for machinery, equipment and implements
- Brings cases of meat, up to 80lbs, from cooler and empties contents onto meat cutting or other preparation area
- Inspects and reassembles equipment sanitized previous night
- Transfers cut and ground meat to styro trays. Loads styro trays onto large plastic tray and transfers to large wheeled rack of wrappers. Assists with wrapping. Assists with stocking meat case according to Meat Manager’s plan for product presentation and merchandising.
- Performs duties to comply with health code, such as sanitation standards and maintaining proper temperatures
- Operates meat grinder. Dumps meat into top of machine and checks fat content of each batch from grinder. Follows proper department production procedures and standards for quality and consistency of finished product.
- Provides and ensures prompt and courteous member service
- Reworks display case to assess daily production needs and rotates product
- Basic Food Hygiene
Qualification & Experience:
- Meat cutting experience preferred
- Service orientated – experienced in ‘going the extra mile’
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, GB
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org