Drives commercial truck with air brakes and hydraulic lift to deliver merchandise to members’ places of business. Unloads orders from truck, collects payments, issues return credits and completes paperwork.
- Collects driver route sheet, truck assignment, driver manifest, member invoices, audit notes, resale cards, mobile phone and map book.
- Conducts safety inspection of delivery truck. Visually inspects pallets in truck to ensure correct number loaded, and that any cooler or frozen items are included. Uses pallet straps when necessary.
- Assists in loading and unloading delivery truck at Business Centre when necessary.
- Verifies and confirms with members all items and item quantities delivered. Checks with member for approval of any substitutions made. Obtains appropriate signatures and payments from members.
- Assists in other areas of Fleet department as needed.
- Obeys all traffic laws (as set forth by municipal, provincial and federal governments).
- Drives delivery truck. Reviews invoices to locate merchandise to be delivered. Cuts shrink wrap from pallets and removes merchandise from truck with manual pallet jack or by loading onto hand truck/dolly and lowering on hydraulic lift.
- Drives delivery truck back to warehouse after all deliveries are made. Arranges for any returned items to be checked by a manager.
- Turns in paperwork, payments, mobile phone and map book daily.
- Provides prompt and courteous member service. Calls Business Centre to arrange delivery for any missing items. Loads damaged or refused items onto truck for return to the Business Centre. Issues return receipts.
- Knowledge/Skills: Safe, responsible, predictable, courteous and defensive driving with an awareness of traffic laws and safe driving practices is required. Map-reading ability required. Familiarity with delivery area preferred.
Qualification & Experience:
- Costco Food Safety Certification – Level 1 required.
- Experience: Business Centre experience preferred. Commercial driving and delivery experience preferred.
- Education/Training: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com