Sourcing Manager vacancy in Conifer Health Solutions Dallas, TX
Website Conifer Health Solutions
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Conifer Health Solutions in Dallas, TX 2022
About the job
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
The Manager of Sourcing is responsible for providing leadership for a defined portfolio of client or supplier contracts or supplier initiatives for all Conifer Health service lines. The Manager of Sourcing is responsible for managing and improving the supply chain throughout Conifer. This includes development of the supply base through evaluating and developing procurement strategies to maximize efficiency and minimize cost of the supplier portfolio. This role will lead the evaluation, selection and negotiation of key contract terms to support Conifer business lines. The role will work closely with business units to deliver on key business goals while maintaining strong relationships with the supplier base.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
Collaborate with all Conifer Health business units to support initiatives requiring support from the sourcing team. Manage portfolio of suppliers and spend categories totaling ~ $20million in annual spend. Lead sourcing initiatives involving few suppliers and low degree of complexity.
For supplier contracts, work with the business leaders to develop and direct sourcing initiatives for new or existing Conifer suppliers:
- Work with senior director of sourcing to develop sourcing strategy during renewal periods that may include RFx, Sole Source or ongoing negotiation
- Lead negotiation strategy discussions with business or senior director of sourcing to drive the best value for Conifer through lower cost, improved service levels, resourcing or other value strategies
- Identification of cost savings through supplier consolidation, replacing suppliers or enhancing services delivered
- Engaging suppliers to define initiatives in support of Conifer’s strategies and goals
Manage existing supplier contract expiration dates to ensure ongoing contracts meet current compliance standards. Coordinate with business units to determine best course of action for renewal or non-renewal.
Perform cost analysis of supplier base at supplier and contract level. Analyze and calculate supplier costs to develop cost reduction strategies. Conduct market research on spend categories as needed.
Maintain relationships with key business leaders within Conifer. Develop relationships with key suppliers
Design and direct continuous improvement of processes, procedures, and templates to ensure:
- Continually maintain “best practice” provisions
- Continually improve sourcing negotiation strategies to mitigate risk for Conifer
- Continually monitor/govern key suppliers to mitigate Conifer’s risks and resolve any continued key supplier service delivery issues timely.
- Update contract templates and analyze changes to standard template provisions in complex contracts being negotiated, identify risk areas, provide negotiating strategies, support senior management during the negotiating process to ensure contractual terms maximize value and minimizes risk to Conifer.
- Identify enhanced functionality and the benefits of such enhanced functionality in the contract management repository and upon receiving approval, lead the implementation of the enhanced functionality
- Draft and review change control notices to ensure compliance with contract provisions and facilitate the change control process obtain required approvals.
- Enhance contract and governance templates and process to “best practice” standards and to incorporate “lessons learned”.
- Facilitate the RFP process and other supplier assessment processes to ensure supplier selection process is objective and the supplier selected meets the operational and service level performance requirements, provides market competitive pricing and flexible terms to allow Conifer to adjust to changing business needs OR
- Facilitate responses to the contract term sections of Requests for Information for potential Conifer clients and provide contract support to Sales during the .sale cycle as required.
If direct report positions are listed below, the following responsibilities will be performed in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Indirect Reports Analyst Sourcing, Specialist, Sourcing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Proven ability and understanding of standard business contract terms
- Proven ability to analyze contracts to identify business risk and provide negotiating strategies (both client and supplier is preferable)
- Customer-driven and focused; responsive to the customer’s needs
- Proven ability to work independently and to work collaboratively on teams, to proactively take the initiative required to resolve issues, and to perform multiple tasks concurrently
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities with quality and within a short timeline.
- Proven ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to manage in a matrix environment, without direct authority.
- Proven ability to facilitate a cross-functional team
- Effective interpersonal/communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Effective time management skills
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.
Education / Experience
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- Bachelor’s degree required. (Preference for Business or Healthcare Administration)
- Master’s degree preferred but not required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in sourcing strategy development and negotiation of large dollar value complex contract portfolios
- Minimum of 5 years leading/managing sourcing professionals responsible for a portfolio of multiple large dollar complex contracts
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in performing an account management and/or vendor management role is preferred by not required. (e.g., responsibility for successful delivery to contract terms, as well as, responsibility for delivery of financial objectives).
- Experience in the healthcare industry is preferred but not required
- Some consulting experience is preferred but not required
- Experience in project management preferred but not required
Include minimum certification required to perform the job.
- IACCM or National Organization Contract Manager Certification preferred but not required.
- CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) preferred but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in sitting position, use computer and answer telephone
- Ability to travel
- Includes ability to walk through hospital-based departments across broad campus settings, including Emergency Department environments
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office Work Environment
- Hospital Work Environment
- Approximately 25% travel may be required
Job: Conifer Health Solutions
Primary Location: Dallas, Texas
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Company: Conifer Health Solutions
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Executive
Job Location: Dallas, TX
Application Deadline: N/A