Specialist 2, Construction – Nashville, TN Vacancies in Comcast Nashville, TN
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Comcast in Nashville, TN 2022
About the job
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the worlds best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Using Microsoft Excel and P2, responsible for overseeing/monitoring the activities of Construction Technicians and/or contractors to ensure new construction, repair, and system maintenance activities are completed in accordance with established standards. Administers some aspects of construction activities, including materials, labor, and resource allocation planning. Acts as lead in teams and projects. Has developed knowledge and skills in own discipline. Still acquiring higher level skills. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Utilize Microsoft Excel daily and will use advanced skills in working in excel.
- Utilize P2 program daily and having the skillset is highly desirable.
- Ensures the execution of overhead/underground construction duties such as: placing hard-line cables, frame and strand poles, transfer facilities between poles, place cable in joint trench, and safe operation of construction vehicles and cable trailers.
- Investigates and monitors accurate record keeping with regards to project start, milestone dates, production logs, material costs, and labor expenditures.
- Supports Specialists and leadership team with coordination of projects.
- Generates logs and reports on construction, projects, materials, and expenditures.
- Reviews, resolves, follows-up customer request and complaints.
- Monitors performance of construction crew to established goals and objectives.
- Coordinates all phases of construction projects including pre-construction meetings, site surveys, permit and license applications, make-ready, design and documentation, material procurement, contract labor requirements, and plant activation.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Starting January, 2022 work in the office three out of 5 days (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) and Monday and Tuesday are off-site. 7 am to 4 pm with On-Call Rotation every three weeks, unless needs of the business dictate otherwise.
- Instructs work site safety standards; conducts work site visits to ensure compliance with safety standards and participates in regular safety meetings with the crew.
- Ensures that resources (i.e. vehicles, equipment, and inventory) are maintained in proper working order.
- Advises, trains, and guides technicians.
- Assists with the annual plant construction budget.
- Performs on the field ride-out/walk-out of project sites for the purpose of surveying, gathering and recording details, finding solutions, monitoring progress, performing post-construction review.
- Oversees the activity of subcontractors.
- Meets and interacts with Government/Town officials and representatives from Utilities, Contractors, outside agencies, consultants and internal business partners.
- Provides technical advice and engineering support to other departments including Procurement, Warehouse, Legal, Government Relations, and Design Center functions.
- Develops cost estimates for a project, monitors job costs, evaluates change orders and controls the cost of work in progress to budget.
- Knowledge of the National Electric Codes
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Nashville, TN
Application Deadline: N/A