Website Collins Aerospace
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Collins Aerospace in Connecticut, United States 2022
About the job
Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide. As the Staff Engineer for the Supplier Quality organization in support of the Supply Chain Organization located in Windsor Locks, CT you will have the responsibility to be a process expert with demonstrated experience to take an active role in driving responses to Supplier Requests for Information (SRI) and Quality Notifications (QN) and for driving key processes as a member of the Collins Aerospace’ Supplier Response Center.
- This position is located in Windsor Locks, CT and the opportunity to work remotely will be considered
- Gain customer approval of Collins Aerospace Engineering Changes
- Develop process to identify and obtain priority with customers when supplier requested engineering changes are impacting Supply Chain and pending customer approval
- Efficient processing of Notification of Potential Quality Escapes (NOPQEs)
- Improve process for more accurate distribution of NOPQEs to Collins plant sites upon notification from suppliers
- Monitor and ensure NOPQEs are being addressed in a timely manner
- Lead and participate in events or drive targeted projects in critical areas
- Lead/participate in ACE events for Supply Chain as well as Kaizen and burndown events focused on Quality processes
- Interface across functional organizations, including suppliers, quality, procurement, operations, and engineering
- Communicate and work closely with these functions to drive process discipline ensuring issues are being resolved and worked within process
- Coordinate critical items that are impacting hardware
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience in Engineering/Supply Chain/Manufacturing/Quality or related area
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
- Certification in Quality Engineering (CQE)
- Ability to lead in a collaborative team environment
- Exposure to quality and engineering requirements within the aerospace industry
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
- Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Employee Referral Eligible
Company: Collins Aerospace
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Connecticut, United States
Application Deadline: N/A