Academic Account Manager (West Coast) Vacancies in Clarivate Chandler, AZ
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Clarivate in Chandler, AZ 2022
About the job
Clarivate(tm) is a global leader in providing solutions to accelerate the lifecycle of innovation. Our bold mission is to help customers solve some of the world’s most complex problems by providing actionable information and insights that reduce the time from new ideas to life-changing inventions in the areas of science and intellectual property. We help customers discover, protect and commercialize their inventions using our trusted subscription and technology-based solutions coupled with deep domain expertise.
We now have more than 8,500 colleagues in over 40 countries worldwide, and we work with over 200 partners to deliver value and success for our customers. Today, Clarivate is a publicly traded company, listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker NYSE:CLVT.
Clarivate is committed to building, nurturing, and developing a diverse culture of belonging where new colleagues can bring their authentic self to work every day! Join us!
Purpose of Job:
We are looking for a consultative sales professional, with a good balance of account management and new business skills.
The post holder will be responsible for managing a defined ‘book of business’ in the North American academic market. This will involve building strong relationships with customers in order to both retain and upsell the product portfolio, which includes Web of Science, InCites, Professional Services, and Converis. This role will be aligned with the Scientific and Academic Research business unit within Clarivate.
There will be a focus on net new business and this could include selling to new prospects in the territory, as well as existing customers. The customer base is typically a blend of research-intensive universities. The candidate will ideally have an understanding of this scientific and academic research ‘ecosystem’.
The Account Manager will have a comprehensive understanding of any state-level research agenda in order to drive and develop a productive sales strategy in their region. A requirement is to be competent with solution selling principles and practices and demonstrate a high level of professionalism to both clients and work colleagues. Previous experience of managing consortia relationships is a plus.
Candidates will have a proven ability to develop new business and revenue streams within their territory and will have further developed existing accounts for new business opportunities in new buying centers. The position must be able to forecast sales activity and revenue achievement while creating opportunities with strategic C-Level customers and prospects. Preferred that applicants reside in the state of California
Two key success requirements for the Account Manager will be to develop a strong knowledge and understanding of the product portfolio and align this understanding to the needs and strategies of each individual customer and prospect.
- Develop new revenue from portfolio (existing and new departments) to achieve/exceed territory revenue plan.
- Maintain existing subscriber base through timely and commercially sound renewals.
- Effectively liaise with the customer base through virtual and on site (when travel restrictions are lifted) and proactively steer relationships towards strategic partnership status.
- Prepare an account plan for key customers which includes an organization profile, an analysis of revenues, relationship profiles for contacts, SWOT analysis, use of services, strategy for growth, objectives to acquire detailed in-depth knowledge of the Scientific and Academic Research product portfolio. Keep abreast of new product releases and go-to-market plans.
- Maintain and update sales progress reports on CRM (Salesforce.com) and other reporting mechanisms according to agreed timeframes.
- Liaise effectively with internal departments (especially Product Development, Sales Support and Marketing Department) to maximize sales opportunities and to keep up to date with existing and new services and marketing/sales campaigns.
- Organize customer visits efficiently, manage time, financial cost and territory travelling to the satisfaction of your manager.
- Maintain customer satisfaction with all Clarivate Analytics services and functions.
- Responsible for identifying training and developmental needs for yourself on an on-going basis.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager/director on a permanent or temporary basis. Deputize for team members / your line manager as and when required.
Knowledge, Skills and Capabilities Required:
- Degree required
- Prior academic sector experience preferred
- Experience working with University Medical Centers and affiliated Hospitals is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience in a consultative selling environment.
- Ability to manage and generate revenue from existing customers.
- A customer driven approach and good customer management skills.
- Commercial acumen, with a proactive and creative approach to looking after the needs and concerns of customers
- Excellent written verbal, interpersonal, presentation and training skills. Excellent telephone manner and face to face customer skills.
- Ability to deal with a wide range of customers and adapt value prop accordingly
- A good team player / self- starter with the ability to work using own initiative.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to both small and large groups and to handle questions in a commercially astute and sensitive manner.
- Well organized and disciplined with regards to policy, procedure and standards.
- Demonstrate individual drive and determination to succeed
- Effective decision making skills
- Good organizational skills with the ability to set priorities and be flexible to change
- Experience of working under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Ability to identify problems and apply creative solutions.
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Chandler, AZ
Application Deadline: N/A