Risk & Controls Data Governance Senior Manager (C14/SVP) Positions in Citi New York, NY
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Citi in New York, NY 2022
About the job
Job Id: 21405501
Job Title: Business Risk and Controls Data Governance
Officer Title: Senior Vice President
Location: NY, Tampa, or Dallas
The Business Risk and Controls Data Governance Senior Vice President will be part of the Enterprise Chief Data Office Data Risk and Controls initiatives representing the bank’s top priorities globally at an enterprise-wide level. This includes Citi’s Data Governance Plan, which is being developed to bring the bank forward per the direction set in Citi’s Enterprise Data Strategy. The ECDO will be delivering against the commitments outlined in the Data Governance Plan and includes plans for a robust first line review process to ensure the Plan demonstrates effective self-assessments and introspective challenge of the Program to drive continuous improvement.
- Own and manage the Assurance Framework deliverables and action items, including 1st , 2nd & 3rd Line of Defense feedback and findings
- Drive compliance of the Data Assurance Framework with Issue Owners and leads
- Provide guidance to Data Governance Plan issue owners on how to best represent a reduction of risk and issue remediation that will pass the scrutiny of Internal Audit validation and regulatory review
- Manage the closure, with Risk and Control, of regulatory items in the relevant management systems (PTS, iCAPs)
- Provide an independent initial assessment and challenge on the remediation and evidence artifacts
- Work with stakeholders to drive challenge to ensure strategic deliveries meet the letter and spirit of management, regulator, or IA concerns
- Manage Quality Assurance, KRI, KPI’s weekly reporting processes
- Understand the various initiatives of the Data Governance Plan and related commitments and their relationships
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders including issue owners, governance/policy owners, Internal Audit and program leads for intersecting work efforts
- Execute against multiple contending priorities simultaneously
- Ensure risks and issues are raised in a timely manner and in accordance with Citi policy
- Coordinate self-assessment and credible challenge activities with interdependent initiatives and second and third LoD.
- Ensure all programs understand regulatory feedback and expectations, underlying concerns, and their root causes to make sure their commitments are complete
- Provide review and challenge of each program’s defined scope, assessed gap, target state, and success criteria to ensure it fully addresses the letter and the spirit of the regulatory feedback, broader supervisory expectations and underlying issues and root causes
- Identify related and interdependent program elements and provide feedback and input to ensure consistency of review and challenge implementation according to developed guidelines
- Experience with data management, data governance, data quality or related initiatives
- Experience including significant exposure to internal control frameworks and internal audit
- Experience with complex, multi-year, regulatory commitments, within the data management space a plus
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills, comfortable with large data sets, and able to extract business insights from analysis and suggest areas of opportunity / improvement
- Ability to multi-task and to quickly acquire and comprehend the required knowledge
- Independent self-starter, with intellectual curiosity and bias for action
- Attention to detail, reads the “fine print”
- Excellent influencing, facilitation and partnering skills
- Comfortable working in high pressure, fast paced environment, and managing multiple competing and shifting priorities
Knowledge / Experience:
- 10 years of experience
- Previous audit experience in a financial services organization preferred
- Strong Excel skills required
- Knowledge of data management, data governance, data quality or related data concepts (DAMA, DMBOK) a plus
Job Family Group:
Project and Program Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: N/A