This Jobsfunter Listing is about Citi in London, England, United Kingdom 2022
About the job
Job Id: 21406635
This new role is part of ICG Risk & Control Team supporting the Head of ICG Risk & Control, Financial Crime Risk lead in the oversight of the ICG Business’ end to end control framework in respect of Financial Crime (i.e. AML (including Terrorist Financing), Sanctions, Anti –Bribery and Tax Evasion and ) and Compliance Risk.
The role will work with existing in-business control resources across ICG and with Control Function Colleagues in Independent Compliance Risk Management and AML Compliance Risk Management to ensure control issues are promptly identified and appropriately escalated, and are being addressed in a robust, consistent and timely manner. The role will support the ICG Financial Crimes Risk Lead on a range of ICG and Citi wide control initiatives in relation to AML and other Financial Crime risks to ensure the ICG lines of business are sufficiently connected into those programs and addresses their objectives; and will work with 1LOD and 2LOD to ensure the overall assessment of the control environment is appropriately presented for effective oversight.
The role will be primarily responsible for AML (and within that Transaction Monitoring (TM). The role is responsible for driving a holistic, consistent approach to AML/Financial Crime risk management across the ICG businesses and the oversight of key control remediations for the business and will undertake specific control event investigations and lessons learned studies as required. The individual will work with counterparts across other ICG businesses to share control best practices.
- Work with in-business risk and control resources to co-ordinate key Financial Crime control frameworks across the ICG businesses
- Drive a consistent and holistic approach to AML (in particular TM) and Financial Crime risk management across ICG.
- Liaise with in business risk teams, the businesses and ICRM in matters of Transaction Monitoring to provide business input into strategic automated TM and manual TM is effective and tailored to each business;
- Provide support to the global ICG BRCC and the ICG Financial Crimes Committee to ensure a demonstrably robust assessment of the control environment is provided to the Committees to facilitate effective oversight for Financial Crime risk
- Represent the ICG businesses on key control initiatives (e.g. Global AML Consent Order program)
- Work with other members of the Compliance Risk & Control team (at a regional level as well as globally)
- Undertake investigations into control failures and take the lead on reporting Lessons Learned reports for significant control events
- Work with ICRM and ACRM Control function partners and Internal Audit to facilitate control remediation efforts and the audit coverage of the business.
Qualifications & skills:
- Detailed expertise of Investment Banking business activities and associated key regulation
- Senior experience in compliance risk control frameworks specifically in Transaction Monitoring and AML, Anti-Bribery, Tax Evasion and KYC risks and controls
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; must be articulate and persuasive with the judgement and authority to provide insightful commentary to senior stakeholders.
- Ability to drive change to business practices by working effectively across a global organisation.
- Self-starting with the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Project management and change capabilities are essential
- Capable of prioritizing and multi-tasking in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with follow-up and problem solving capability
- Ability to analyse a process and recommend ways to improve quality, controls, and efficiency
Job Family Group:
Business Risk & Controls
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A