This Jobsfunter Listing is about Citi in London, England, United Kingdom 2022
About the job
Job Id: 22453101
The Business Risk Officer is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Responsible for managing and supporting multiple risk and control programs for the organization including defining the strategy, approach, processes, quality, tools and reporting that provide global risk management consistency and excellence.
- Establishes quarterly audit process of attributes to ensure proper calculation and control.
- Works closely with business partners on findings and makes recommendations on improving practices.
- Develops procedural implementation and change management process with Operations and Reporting team to ensure proper governance and controls exist.
- Examines procedures for consistency and gaps relative to regulations in addition to impacts on customer experience.
- Conducts internal testing of dispute processes to ensure control.
- Monitors exceptions to dispute policy and identifies drivers of exceptions.
- Leverages data to examine impacts to Customer Experience and Regulatory breaks.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years relevant work experience in Business Risk & Controls
- MS Excel, MS Access, SAS, SQL, Visual Basic a plus. 5+ years’ experience in financial services.
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organizational influencing skills required.
- Third party vendor management preferred. Demonstrated ability to lead global team efforts
- Excellent problem solving skills Ability to see the big pictures with high attention to critical details
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategy and process improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
This new role is part of ICG Risk & Control Team supporting the Head of ICG Risk & Control, Financial Crime Risk lead in the oversight of the ICG Business’ end to end control framework in respect of Financial Crime (i.e. AML (including Terrorist Financing), Sanctions, Anti –Bribery and Tax Evasion and ) and Compliance Risk.
The role will provide general support to the ICG Financial Crimes Risk team, and work with in-business control resources across ICG and with Control Function Colleagues in Independent Compliance Risk Management and AML Compliance Risk Management to ensure control issues are promptly identified and appropriately escalated, and are being addressed in a robust, consistent and timely manner. The role will support the ICG Financial Crimes Risk team on a range of ICG and Citi wide control initiatives in relation to AML and other Financial Crime risks to ensure the ICG lines of business are sufficiently connected into those programs and addresses their objectives; and will work with 1LOD and 2LOD to ensure the overall assessment of the control environment is appropriately presented for effective oversight.
- Work with in-business risk and control resources to co-ordinate key Financial Crime control frameworks across the ICG businesses
- Drive a consistent and holistic approach to AML and Financial Crime risk management across ICG.
- Provide support to the ICG Financial Crimes Risk Lead and senior members of the team to ensure a demonstrably robust assessment of the control environment is provided to various governance committees to facilitate effective oversight for Financial Crime risk
- Support the representation of the ICG businesses on key control initiatives (e.g. Global AML Consent Order program)
- Work with other members of the in business Financial Crimes Risk teams across ICG and the wider Compliance Risk & Control team (at a regional level as well as globally)
- Undertake investigations into control failures and take the lead on reporting Lessons Learned reports for significant control events
- Work with ICRM and ACRM Control function partners and Internal Audit to facilitate control remediation efforts and the audit coverage of the business.
Qualifications & skills:
- Detailed expertise of Investment Banking business activities and associated key regulation
- Strong experience in compliance risk control frameworks specifically in Financial Crime including AML, Sanctions, Anti-Bribery, Tax Evasion and KYC risks and controls
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; must be articulate and persuasive with the judgement and authority to provide insightful commentary to senior stakeholders.
- Ability to drive change to business practices by working effectively across a global organisation.
- Self-starting with the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Project management and change capabilities are essential
- Capable of prioritizing and multi-tasking in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with follow-up and problem solving capability
- Ability to analyse a process and recommend ways to improve quality, controls, and efficiency
Job Family Group:
Business Risk & Controls
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A