Website CIEE Council on International Educational Exchange
This Jobsfunter Listing is about CIEE Council on International Educational Exchange in South Portland, ME 2022
About the job
Position: Help Desk Support Specialist
Reports to: Sr. Manager, IT Operations
Department: Information Technology
Location: Portland, Maine
About The Company
CIEE is a nonprofit study abroad and intercultural exchange organization that transforms lives and builds bridges between individuals and nations through study abroad and international exchange experiences that help people develop skills for living in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world.
Summary Of Position
Under moderate supervision, this position provides support to end-users for PC, server applications, and hardware issues. Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties. Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems. May interact with network services, software systems engineering, and applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems. Refers more complex problems to intermediate senior level. This position is staffed by technical personnel who have had sufficient educational background and experience. Typically has a Bachelor’s Degree with less than 3 years of experience.
- Provide direct end-user support to resolve problems and questions while providing the highest level of customer service.
- Provide accurate, timely and creative solutions for, but not limited to, staff computer hardware, operating systems, software applications, networking, videoconferencing, printers, phones, and voicemail.
- Image, customize and deploy new desktop and laptop machines to both in-house and field staff.
- Manage Active Directory User Accounts and Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes.
- Collaborate with members of Operations and Infrastructure teams and various business units as a participant on multi-disciplinary, cross-functional project teams.
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience in a technical support role.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant technical certifications will be considered in place of experience.
- Strong knowledge of end user software applications, such as Windows 10, Microsoft Office365 (Outlook, Teams).
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory services, on-prem or Azure.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm to learn, and with a willingness to accommodate multiple tasks with shifting priorities.
CIEE believes that diversity matters and that professionals with diverse backgrounds provide diverse approaches and ideas to solving problems and finding ways to advance our mission to bring the world together. Candidates from underrepresented groups with diverse backgrounds and experiences are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to federal regulations a background check will be conducted as a condition of employment .
Company: CIEE Council on International Educational Exchange
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: South Portland, ME
Application Deadline: N/A