Website Church & Dwight Co., Inc.
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Church Dwight Co Inc in Vancouver, WA 2022
About the job
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
We have an exciting opportunity for experienced Maintenance Technician I at our new Vancouver, Washington manufacturing facility!
This opening is available on our 2nd shift, which works Monday through Wednesday and every other Thursday from 5PM to 5AM.
Newly hired employees will receive our $2,000 sign on bonus in $1000 increments after 6 months and 9 months completion of employment!
The base rate for this position as a Tech I is $23.00 per hour plus 2nd shift receives a $1.00 per hour shift differential.
This position performs preventive maintenance, repairs, and troubleshooting on manufacturing and/or packaging equipment.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Use hand and power tools, perform operational and process checks on manufacturing, packaging, and facilities equipment as needed or as directed by Maintenance Technician II, Maintenance Technician III, Maintenance Supervisor, or Manager.
- Perform preventive maintenance and inspections of manufacturing and support equipment.
- Read blueprints and electrical diagrams to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair manufacturing, packaging, and facilities equipment.
- Perform investigations of issues to determine root cause and preventive measures
- Inspect, clean, lubricate, and rebuild manufacturing equipment.
- Suggest operational, process, preventive, and safety improvements.
- Follow all safety procedures.
- Complete all required logs, checklists, and paperwork.
- Perform other duties as required.
Minimum Job Requirements
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of experience and education that provides required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job. Experience working with electrical motors and pumps is required. Experience in manufacturing, light industrial environments or food manufacturing and machine shop and fabrication skills is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Working knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
- Knowledge of machine electrical circuits.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools and power tools.
- Ability to learn new systems and equipment.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and electrical diagrams.
- Ability to wear appropriate personal protective equipment and clean room attire; perform moderate physical activity including standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day and up to twelve (12) hours per shift; lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds; and perform work onsite in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust.
- Ability to maintain punctuality and predictable attendance.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
Company: Church & Dwight Co., Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Vancouver, WA
Application Deadline: N/A