Website Cengage Group
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Cengage Group in United States
About the job
Sales Support Specialist – The Professional Team
We believe in the power and joy of learning
At Cengage Group, our employees have a direct impact in helping students around the world discover the power and joy of learning. We are bonded by our shared purpose – driving innovation that helps millions of learners improve their lives and achieve their dreams through education.
Our culture values diversity, engagement, and discovery
Our business is driven by our strong culture, and we know that creating an inclusive and diverse workplace is absolutely essential to the success of our company and our learners, as well as our individual well-being. We recognize the value of diverse perspectives in everything we do, and strive to ensure employees of all levels and backgrounds feel empowered to voice their ideas and bring their authentic selves to work. We achieve these priorities through inclusive programs, benefits, and initiatives that are integrated into the fabric of how we work every day. To learn more, please see https://www.cengagegroup.com/about/inclusion-and-diversity/ .
As a member of the Professional sales team, a Sales Support Specialist (SSS) is responsible for assisting the Account Managers (AMs). Working collaboratively with Cengage business units and Sales Management, the Sales Support Specialist will help to support the sales process. The SSS will provide key administrative activities such as: content mapping, systems updating, order processingeview, billing reviews, contract alignment, technical product demos and course customizations, and other duties as assigned by management. Activities will be conducted primarily from their home office, with limited to no travel needed.
If you want to be part of a high-growth team and are an organized individual that can juggle multiple projects while providing top-notch service to your customers and your team, then this is an opportunity for you!
What You’ll Do
- Plan, organize and support selling strategies
- Collaborate with sales teams in positioning and selling digital solutions
- Assist with contract and billing management
- Support marketing activities as they relate business development
- Manage and work on content mapping exercises
- Provide limited coverage for open territories as needed to ensure the success of the territory
- Exhibit proficient use of technology communication tools
- Update and maintain CRM (Salesforce) as needed
- Pull reports as needed from the CRM or Sales Operations Team to help with opportunity/territory analysis
- Communicate & coordinate effectively as required with other sales personnel
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Help diagnose the root cause of technical issues and assist in navigating processes within organization to achieve resolution.
- Focus on the digital customers’ journey: Ensure that each customer is onboarded correctly, with the correct digital product setup and fulfillment
- Provide customized product training for faculty and other key users
Skills You Will Need Here:
- Minimum of an Associate degree OR equivalent experience with a proven, successful record of accomplishment desired
- At least two years of successful sales, customer service or relevant experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience managing business needs and planning proactively
- High energy and excellent communication skills (people want to be around you)
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to communicate next steps clearly
- Commitment to being a team player
- Driven to succeed
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Proficiency in PC and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Prior publishing experience preferred
- Direct sales, marketing, and digital experience a plus
Cengage Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason. You may view Cengage’s EEO/Affirmative Action Policy signed by CEO Michael Hansen and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice by visiting their corresponding links.
Cengage Group is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at accomm[email protected] or you may call us at +1 (617) 289-7917.
If you are a Colorado state resident, please email [email protected] to receive compensation information for this role. Please be sure to include this posting’s job ID in the subject line of the email to help ensure a timely response.
About Cengage Group
Cengage Group, a global education technology company serving millions of learners, provides affordable, quality digital products and services that equip students with the skills and competencies needed to be job ready. For more than 100 years, we have enabled the power and joy of learning with trusted, engaging content, and now, integrated digital platforms. We serve the higher education, workforce skills, secondary education, English language teaching and research markets worldwide. Through our scalable technology, including MindTap and Cengage Unlimited, we support all learners who seek to improve their lives and achieve their dreams through education.
Company: Cengage Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A