Website Catholic Education Western Australia
Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under Catholic Education Western Australia in Perth, Western Australia, Australia 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
Coordinator, Work Health and Safety
Human Resources Team
People, Capability and Wellbeing Directorate
This is a full-time ongoing position commencing as soon as practicable.
The Coordinator, Work Health and Safety position is responsible for developing and implementing Catholic Education Western Australia’s work health and safety strategy, while supporting and encouraging a positive safety culture.
Primary Accountabilities include:
• Develop, maintain, implement and evaluate strategies for the appropriate management of work health and safety, in accordance with Quality Catholic Education (QCE) framework
• Prepare concise reports and develop and maintain a dashboard on work health and safety to inform the Catholic Education Commission of Western Australia, Committees, CEWA Executive and principals as required.
• Influence CEWA’s enterprise risk management framework and develop strategies to mitigate risks associated with work health and safety.
• Develop fit-for-purpose tools for easy use by staff to report incidents and near misses.
• Develop professional learning opportunities for leaders, including for beginning principals, on appropriate work health and safety management in Catholic school settings.
• Commitment to the objectives and ethos of Catholic education.
• Thorough understanding of the principles and legislation related to work health and safety, and a demonstrated capacity to design and implement policy or procedures with regard to legislation, Standards and Codes.
• Demonstrated knowledge of relevant Australian Standards for Risk and Compliance Management
• Experience with risk and compliance management, frameworks, procedures and practices.
• Qualifications in occupational heath and safety, and extensive relevant experience
What we can offer you
• Additional leave entitlements (4 days over Christmas)
• Competitive salary ($132,425 to $144,583 per annum plus superannuation)
• Salary packaging
• Free onsite parking
• Corporate healthcare rates
• Heritage listed work environment
• Staff canteen service
• Wellness program
• Employee assistance program.
Further Information: Please refer to the Position Description for additional details. For a copy please email [email protected]
Contact Person: Carmen Jones – Team Leader, Human Resources on 08 6228 6655 or email [email protected]
To Apply please click on the Apply now button
Interested applicants must submit a short summary addressing the selection criteria and their curriculum vitae, including the names and contact numbers of at least two work related referees (current/past line managers).
A current National Police History Check as issued by the Department of Education Western Australia must be provided by the successful applicant.
Where to? All applications are to reach The Executive Director of Catholic Education, Catholic Education Office of WA via the Apply now button no later than 5pm, Sunday 28 August 2022.
Catholic Education Western Australia reserves the right to commence shortlisting prior to the application closing date.
Catholic Education Western Australia encourages applications from culturally diverse background, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with a disability or medical condition who meet the requirements of this position. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.
Applicants must be fully supportive of the objectives and ethos of Catholic education.
Company: Catholic Education Western Australia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A