Website Caterpillar Inc
Jobsfunter is listing this job opening under Caterpillar Inc in Dubai,Dubai,UnitedArabEmirates 2022 exclusively on jobsfunter.com
About the job
Marketing / Sales / Product Support
Your Work Shapes the World
When you join Caterpillar, you’re joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Industry Representative in Mining who will be responsible to consult with dealers and customers in Africa to market Caterpillar MINING products and services and assist in the development of dealer sales capability. This is the third field-based assignment for an experienced, individual contributor on assignments that are complex and challenging and begin to become strategic in nature.
- Counselling dealers in developing increased human performance capability
- Providing guidance on existing and potential customer service issues and improvement measures within one industry
- Assisting dealers on forecast, strategy planning and sales techniques
- Supporting introduction of new machines and related products and services (e.g., products, parts, technology, customer service agreements, other services)
- Analysing and communicating marketplace and competitive activity to Caterpillar personnel and dealers
- Analysing mine operations, product application, configuration and utilization that provide the best solution and lowest cost per tonne for a customer
- Assisting dealers with business planning within one industry; creating and promoting programs that increase sales while maximizing price realization
- Enhancing communication and people relationship skills, improving problem solving and analysis ability, building and using business skills, enhancing use of Caterpillar systems and developing leadership abilities
- University degree in business, finance or engineering.
- Proven experience in the mining industry, commercial, operations and/or technology.
Top Candidate Qualifications
- Self-starter, sound commercial and business judgment, analytical skills, leadership skills, and communication skills
- Dealer/Channel management experience
- Business development experience (new markets)
- A well-developed perspective/understanding of mining customers’ business needs
- Understanding of Caterpillar dealer organization and mining operational value drivers
- Ability to work independently in the field in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience working in mining or having a mining engineer degree
- This position will require about 50% time in business travel to Western and Eastern Africa, as well domestically.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Caterpillar is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation. For more information, visit https://www.caterpillar.com/en/careers/why-caterpillar.html
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .
Company: Caterpillar Inc
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai,Dubai,UnitedArabEmirates
Application Deadline: N/A