Website Caterpillar Inc.
This Jobsfunter Listing is about Caterpillar Inc in Chicago, IL 2022
About the job
At Caterpillar, we’re working to help our customers build a better world. We wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today without the exceptionally talented, bright and driven people who get the job done. This is your chance to help us make progress possible around the world – for our customers, for growing communities and for every member of our team. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Product Support and Logistics Division as an Associate Data Scientist in Morton, IL.
The Product Support and Logistics Division (PSLD) is one of the most innovative divisions within Caterpillar. In PSLD, as within all of Caterpillar, our priority is our customers and helping them build a better world. We touch nearly every element of the services value stream from procurement to design and manufacturing to distribution. PSLD is responsible for Aftermarket Parts Distribution of Cat Parts, Integrated Logistics, segment Procurement and the design and manufacture of Wear Components (Undercarriage and GET) and Maintenance Components (Seals, Tubes & Hardware, Hose & Couplings, Fluids and Filters).
We’re committed to our customers, who build a better world with our products, services and solutions. We understand and show the value of why they should always choose us. We’re exploring new ideas and opportunities – innovating to discover the breakthroughs necessary for tomorrow’s growth.
Through it all, we are one team – creating and delivering world-class components and solutions superior to the competition.
Learn More About The Caterpillar Experience
As an Associate Data Scientist, you will leverage your quantitative analysis, data management, modeling and/or data visualization skills as an individual contributor to project teams tasked with solving business problems. This position is a part of the Caterpillar Inventory Management Research Team, which uses quantitative methods such as business simulations, data mining, and advanced statistical techniques to solve problems.
Job duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Analytics-based research supporting project teams
- Statistical modeling and analysis of Caterpillar and dealer parts demand & inventory
- Improvement of existing and development of new inventory optimization techniques
- Execution and analysis of inventory management simulations
- Ad-hoc data analysis, data processing, and data visualization
- Developingefining large-scale solutions to fit complex situations in multiple unique environments
- Building familiarity with Inventory Management system functionality and parts management practices
- Effective communication of complex concepts and solutions to stakeholders & internal customers
- Bachelor’s degree completed on or before August 2022, in an Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business, or Related Degree Program
- Minimum 2.8/4.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average (no rounding) at current institution
Top Candidates Will Also Have
- Knowledge of basic statistical approaches and/or data management techniques
- Has demonstrated the ability to communicate effectively verbally and with digital media
- Highly proficient written and verbal communication skills
This position does not offer relocation
This position requires 10% or less travel.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment-based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers . #Li
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .
Company: Caterpillar Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Application Deadline: N/A